Hacking wii u haxchi--CBHC adding HBL channel help

boxer29

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
got this wii u haxchi ---CBHC by following the guide on this forum ,thanks to this forum and the writer ,
did try to get the HBL channel on the game pad by following the tutorial ,
1)do i have to keep the SD card with the files in the front slot of the wii u for HBL to load .
2)is there any method i can keep the card out of the box
3) did try pressing the home button when CBHC was booting to take me to menu ,,,and then launch HBL ,,or others menu sontents . i am not keen on doing this as i dont want to run/delete any thing unnecessarily and brick the wii u

thanks

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know for sure, but I think you still need the files on the sd card. loadiine's channel, for example, requires loadiine be on the sd card in the right place. I think the channel is just a forwarder.
you don't need the card in the system unless you're using something other than sysmenu to boot up by default and don't plan to use any homebrew.
you need to press the home button when it says "autobooting." you won't harm the system unless you move the cbhc game, delete it, or format the system while on cbhc. uninstall cbhc first before you do any of those.

boxer29

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
if i take the card out ,will it still boot into CBHC or the normal 5.5.2 fm
when the card is out if i press the home button it says 3 on the top left hand corner of the gamepad and the screen is black ,,i wont brick it this way ,,,
so is it safe to keep the card out of the slot so not to do any accidental changes

thanks

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3 is normal is there's no sd card or the sd card is dying/corrupted. it won't hurt the system any. if you boot into sysmenu, it shouldn't require an sd card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: HBD 2U