Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since this whole donation thing ended up to be a massive fluke, I'll just end my contribution here and let the remaining active members do their work.

Please don't give up! The Wii U hacking scene needs you. Even if you don't get enough donations, you may be able to buy a Wii U with your own money. There are some cheap ones available.

Just because this whole donation thing blew up doesn't mean that people don't want to help you. Remember, many of the Wii U hackers are CHILDREN (including me). I would have donated at least $20 to you if my parents would allow me and I suspect that others feel the same way. So, PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP!!! :yayu:

EDIT: Whoops, I forgot to refresh the webpage on my browser, so I didn't see pages 195 and 196 of this thread. (Sorry!)

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

dojafoja

life elevated
Trophies
XP
Country
Please don't give up! The Wii U hacking scene needs you. Even if you don't get enough donations, you may be able to buy a Wii U with your own money. There are some cheap ones available.

Just because this whole donation thing blew up doesn't mean that people don't want to help you. Remember, many of the Wii U hackers are CHILDREN (including me). I would have donated at least $20 to you if my parents would allow me and I suspect that others feel the same way. So, PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP!!! :yayu:
Hykem has got the funds he needed to buy a WiiU thanks to a generous donor!

Reactions: Fpsrussia117

FPSRussi4

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos

I guess you missed the part when he said:
Thank you for your trust! :)

On a weird turn of events, someone just gave me the full amount necessary. Turns out I'll be getting a Wii U after all. :D

It shows who actually reads the thread and who doesn't.

Hykem

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for going off-topic again, but I'm now on the hunt for a low firmware Wii U (this way I can just back-port the current WebKit exploit for any firmware).
I figured this would be the perfect place to ask if anyone knows what firmware is shipped with the "Nintendo Wii U Basic + Skylanders: Trap Team" bundle: http://www.game.co.uk/en/white-wii-u-basic-with-skylanders-trap-team-only-at-game-320486

I was wondering if anyone here has bought one and knows what firmware version came with it. Thanks!

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Sorry for going off-topic again, but I'm now on the hunt for a low firmware Wii U (this way I can just back-port the current WebKit exploit for any firmware).
I figured this would be the perfect place to ask if anyone knows what firmware is shipped with the "Nintendo Wii U Basic + Skylanders: Trap Team" bundle: http://www.game.co.uk/en/white-wii-u-basic-with-skylanders-trap-team-only-at-game-320486

I was wondering if anyone here has bought one and knows what firmware version came with it. Thanks!
I don't think that simply going for a certain bundle might help on knowing exactly what FW it is.
Best bet would be to get some sort of database in which we have S/N compared with FW version they came with, along with the Edition of the Wii U console (Original White, Original Black, Zelda, Skylanders, Mario kart, etc).

By knowing which certain S/N have what FW versions, we can be sure which one to go for.

Reactions: pelago

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

Dropping this here. This guy says it had 1.0.2 installed:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/new-wii-u-came-with-1-0-2-firmware-update.371067/

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Get the Zombie U bundle it has low enough firmware for sure.

Hykem

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think that simply going for a certain bundle might help on knowing exactly what FW it is.
Best bet would be to get some sort of database in which we have S/N compared with FW version they came with, along with the Edition of the Wii U console (Original White, Original Black, Zelda, Skylanders, Mario kart, etc).

By knowing which certain S/N have what FW versions, we can be sure which one to go for.

Apparently Nintendo ships old units with most Skylanders' bundles, although this one seems pretty recent. That's why I'm looking specifically at this bundle.

Hmm... It was probably the "Skylanders Giants" one. That one came with 1.0.2.

Get the Zombie U bundle it has low enough firmware for sure.

It seems that the most recent ones (Deluxe Set) have 5.2.0 installed.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Oh good to know then, I am not aware of the Wii U default firmwares, I was just going for the same tactic that I used for the DS/3DS/N3DS FW. XD

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read some posts to catch up. Hykem, I'll speak for everyone; go ahead and say whatever you want, roflmao. Off topic? Nah, anything related to getting the right Wii U system (firmware) is actually on target at this point ;-)

FPSRussi4

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
I read some posts to catch up. Hykem, I'll speak for everyone; go ahead and say whatever you want, roflmao. Off topic? Nah, anything related to getting the right Wii U system (firmware) is actually on target at this point ;-)

>Implying Hykem can talk about whatever he wants including his personal life and things that are irrelevant
>Implying Hykem is Jesus

zecoxao

Trophies
XP
Country

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>Implying Hykem can talk about whatever he wants including his personal life and things that are irrelevant
>Implying Hykem is Jesus
>Sarcasm
>Not saying anyone is Jesus
>I gave no parameters, lol. I'm sure if he wanted to share his life story that as long as "Wii U" was included people would not mind. Especially if he plays a big role
in the exploits (user, kernel, and possibly even IOSU).
>Lightening the mood by being a little silly ;-)

A nice black one is cool. I have the base unit (traded a 360 for it). I hope it works out.

Mathew_Wi

bye
Trophies
XP
Country
So I was dicking around trying to find exploitable code, had luck crashing an app if someone wants to take a look at it. Someone who knows what they're doing preferably.

So far it's like this;
Click the Button
Locks up for a while
Message pops up saying "An error has occurred. Please restart the software and try again."
Freezes on that message. I'm unable to hit OK, not hit the home button or anything. Completely frozen by the look of it.

I'm not 100% sure it's "crashed" it could just be running very slowly and will unlock in a while. I'll leave it on for a bit and keep you folks posted.

Reactions: nonameboy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Tattle-tale :creep: