Wii U giving refunds to those that purchased arkham origins season pass

Discussion in 'Wii U - Nintendo Network' started by air2004, Feb 1, 2014.

1. air2004
    OP

air2004 Air

Oct 24, 2008
    United States
    Anytown
    Like the title says , Wii U giving refunds to those that purchased arkham origins season pass . I just noticed it a few mins ago. It seems it was posted to my account yesterday.
    I did know what it was for at first so I did some googling and found this site with the info http://67.227.255.239/forum/showthread.php?p=99041867

Here is what one user says its for, its a msg from the ninty network.

Thanks so much for your support of Batman: Arkham Origins on Wii U.

We are contacting you today because you purchased the Batman: Arkham Origins Season Pass for Wii U. We hope you’ve been enjoying the content that has been delivered thus far. Based on demand for Downloadable Content on the system, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment has made the decision to remove its offering of the upcoming new story campaign for Wii U. As a result, we will be crediting the entire $19.99+tax cost of the Season Pass back to your Nintendo eShop account. You will still be able to enjoy the content already released thus far.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your support of the game.

Sincerely,
    Nintendo of America Inc.

2. jayjay123

jayjay123 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 24, 2013
    Not a good sign...

3. air2004
    OP

air2004 Air

Oct 24, 2008
    United States
    Anytown
    I suppose I should have checked my email , I see the msg from ninty now.

Nintendo CS Outreach - Batman: Arkham Origins Season Pass

Nintendo Consumer Service Hello, Thanks so much for your support of Batman: Arkham Origins on Wii U. We are contacting you today because you purchased the Batman: Arkham Origins Season Pass for Wii U. We hope you’ve been enj
    To Nintendo Consumer Service

Jan 30 at 8:37 PM
    Hello,

Thanks so much for your support of Batman: Arkham Origins on Wii U.

We are contacting you today because you purchased the Batman: Arkham Origins Season Pass for Wii U. We hope you’ve been enjoying the content that has been delivered thus far. Based on demand for Downloadable Content on the system, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment has made the decision to remove its offering of the upcoming new story campaign for Wii U. As a result, we will be crediting the entire $19.99+tax cost of the Season Pass back to your Nintendo eShop account. You will still be able to enjoy the content already released thus far.
    We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your support of the game.
    Sincerely,
    Nintendo of America Inc.

4. XiTaU

XiTaU GBAtemp Regular

May 15, 2008
    United States
    thats a very strange move seeing as porting dlc from platfrom to platform i would assume is minimal work.

5. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    what exactly is this season pass?

6. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    And this is why Season Passes are terrible. Throwing money sight unseen at content that might not even be good, let alone released, is just an all-around awful idea.

SG likes this.
  7. matt1tude

matt1tude GBAtemp Regular

May 16, 2012
    Crewe, UK
    No great loss, I purchased Initiation and Deathstroke pack and to be honest they're not worth it. They add nothing to the main game, the price of the DLC could've been spent on something worthwhile like a VC game.

8. decemberchild

decemberchild latecomer

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2011
    United States
    While I won't disagree that season passes are not a good idea for consumers, this honestly doesn't support your claim. Not only did Nintendo fully refund the consumer, but they allowed them to keep any dlc already released for free.

9. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey

Warner Bros. had no intention of refunding customers. Sure, it's nice that Nintendo stepped in this one time, but this is an exception, not the rule.

Plus, people still aren't getting what they initially paid for. That's crappy no matter which you cut it.

SG likes this.
  10. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Better question is why'd you even buy Arkham Origins.. Arkham Asylum & Arkham City are far better.

11. air2004
    OP

air2004 Air

Oct 24, 2008
    United States
    Anytown
    Needed something new to play