Wii U GC Adapter and Wii N64 VC

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Mistah Spoon, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Mistah Spoon
    OP

Mistah Spoon Member

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2016
    United States
    Recently, I dug up my old Wii. It's been so long, probably since 2010 that I touched it. I turned it on to find out that the only thing interesting about it is that it had Yoshi's Story for Virtual Console. Now, I want to transfer it to my Wii U, but I don't have a classic controller. I do have a GC Adapter, though. Yes, I'm aware that the GC Adapter is strictly for Smash 4. Is there some homebrew that makes it available for VC? I can still play Yoshi's Story in my Wii because of the ports, but I want to move it to my Wii U for the sake of minimization.

2. jeannotte

jeannotte GBAtemp Regular

Jun 15, 2016
    France
  3. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    It requires the same controllers as it always had. It's a virtual console game for the Wii.

Here are your options:
    1. Transfer your copy to your Wii U. But you won't get the Wii U version, although you may get a discount on it if you already own the Wii version.
    2. Purchase it from the Wii U eShop and use the Wii U gamepad or pro controller. Or even just a wiimote. http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/yoshis-story-wii-u
    3. Hack your Wii U, download the game illegally, play it using a CFW (like Haxchi/CBHC or Mocha).
    4. Hack your Wii U, or the vWii inside of it, and play the game using an N64 emulator.

I recommend method 1 and 2.