Gaming Wii U games planed, But not being released

dtp30

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking it would be handy to have a stick thread for games that have been planed, But not going to be released..
Metro: Last light , THQ
Crysis 3, EA
Any others?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crysis 3 was never ever planned. Crytek had tested their engine on the Wii U just for the sake of it, but they never had any plans to release it on the Wii U.

In June last year this was said:
"My opinion of the Wii U is very high," he told CVG. "It's just that we didn't have a business case unfortunately that justifies us making a game for it."

"It doesn't mean that CryEngine 3 doesn't run on Wii U - it actually runs beautifully," he added. "In fact, there actually is a game in development from a respected developer that we will be announcing. I've seen the game running and it looks really great."

vdoggie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crysis 3 was never ever planned. Crytek had tested their engine on the Wii U just for the sake of it, but they never had any plans to release it on the Wii U.

In June last year this was said:
"My opinion of the Wii U is very high," he told CVG. "It's just that we didn't have a business case unfortunately that justifies us making a game for it."

"It doesn't mean that CryEngine 3 doesn't run on Wii U - it actually runs beautifully," he added. "In fact, there actually is a game in development from a respected developer that we will be announcing. I've seen the game running and it looks really great."

I was going to say Aliens but that is running on gearbox's engine or do they use middleware? Either way... it was due to the publisher not deciding to have it ported.. evidently it takes a lot more than 50k units to sell in order to start making money like it did during the GCN era..

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, let's not do that.

Planed? What does the Wii U have to do with aircraft?
I thought he meant planed as in continuously shaving features off the games, so that they can run on the Wii U's measly CPU.

& how many games did the ps3 have at launch & for a while? & what of vita? the rarely talked of handheld. :ph34r:
Congratulations, you took the bait.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1