Hardware Wii U Gamepad somewhat broken... help appreciated!

xdeadxpoolx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heres the story. The gamepad was used heavily by 4 children... who knows what exactly happened to it.

Controller turns on, turns on console. The blue light comes on then quickly fades. The gamepad stays on for about 10 seconds - 2 min then goes blank. I can still use the screen as if it were on ( touchpad works, all buttons work) I can navigate (blindly) to options to turn off the gamepad then back on, and it works for another few seconds.

Any Ideas from anyone? Id love for it to be a screen/battery replacement... not a big deal just dont want to drop the money and time if it is not.

Thanks!

xdeadxpoolx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, *technically* its on... I can use the screen as if it were all working fine... i just get no picture on the gamepad after a few seconds of using it. Yes, its "on" but the screen is blank.

Sick Wario

Club Nintendo
Trophies
XP
Country
replacement LCD is cheap ($40) and if you have disassembled a console or controller before you can likely do the repair yourself.

a replacement gamepad will be around $100

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heres the story. The gamepad was used heavily by 4 children... who knows what exactly happened to it.

Controller turns on, turns on console. The blue light comes on then quickly fades. The gamepad stays on for about 10 seconds - 2 min then goes blank. I can still use the screen as if it were on ( touchpad works, all buttons work) I can navigate (blindly) to options to turn off the gamepad then back on, and it works for another few seconds.

Any Ideas from anyone? Id love for it to be a screen/battery replacement... not a big deal just dont want to drop the money and time if it is not.

Thanks!

Sorry to hear that but you need to keep your eyes on your kids playing it if you have time because this console is not a toy and its expensive.

xdeadxpoolx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the heads up azores, I actually have 1 child. I got into a relationship with a female that had 3... all little terrors...

@Wario, I would feel completely comfortable repairing it myself. Ive chipped cut leg Wii, replaced iphone screens, jtaged 360s, among other stuff. I just wanted someone else to tell me that it could just be the screen its self. The only reason why I question it myself is because of the blue light.... Comes on with the controller, then fades.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol