Hardware Wii U Gamepad no longer accepts touch input, and only some joystick input

Irastris

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was in the internet browser, when I decided to run my fingernail across the bottom of the screen to clean out some dust from the crevice in the plastic.

That's when bam, it just stopped accepting touch input. I cannot touch anything.
I restarted the Wii U to see if it was temporary, but nope. Nothing.

Grabbed my Wii Remote so I could atleast get to a few things, when I noticed that now it only sometimes accepts joystick input as well. On the homescreen, they do nothing. But in the internet browser, they still scroll the page like normal.

Something else I noticed is when I get a popup box such as an error message, trying to select it with A causes it to highlight the selection for a split second, then returns to not being selected. I'm wondering if this means the screen is constantly sending touch signals from some coordinate down where I was cleaning the dust at.

I tried pulling the gamepad battery and taking off my screen protector as well (suggested on a thread on the official Nintendo forum) with no results.

Any help, guys?

Irastris

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread can now be ignored.
I jammed my fingernail into the bottom-right corner again and now everything is working perfectly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte