Wii U Gamepad Left Stick Stuck Up- Since April

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by YOLOSWAG, Dec 18, 2014.

1. YOLOSWAG
    OP

YOLOSWAG GBAtemp Regular

Jun 13, 2014
    The Sea
    Hello, I have had this problem with my Wii U Gamepad since April. It appears that the left stick has been stuck moving up, and it looks normal on the outside. It just started to do this frequently, and overtime the problem has grown worse. I have tried things, like pressing a, b, -, + at one time, but it seems to change the direction that the left stick is pointing. I also asked nintendo about the situation, but they have not replied (I sent the email 2 months ago). My warranty is also void, Walmart gave me the incorrect plan. Please help me!

:hateit: :hateit: :hateit: :hateit: :hateit: :hateit: :hateit: :hateit: :hateit: :hateit: :hateit: :hateit: :hateit: :hateit: :hateit: :hateit: :hateit: :hateit: :hateit: :hateit: :hateit: :hateit: :hateit: :hateit: :hateit: :hateit: :hateit: :hateit: :hateit: :hateit: :hateit: :hateit: :hateit: :hateit: :hateit: :hateit: :hateit: :hateit: :hateit: :hateit: :hateit: :hateit: :hateit: :hateit: :hateit: :hateit: :hateit: :hateit: :hateit: :hateit: :hateit: :hateit: :hateit: :hateit: :hateit: :hateit: :hateit: :hateit: :hateit: :hateit:

2. nando

nando GBAtemp Addict

Jan 1, 2008
    United States
    call nintendo. don't write nintendo

3. Bug_Checker_

Bug_Checker_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 10, 2006
    United States
    If you paid by credit card, check your cards perks. Some cards extend warranty. It would be worth checking out.

4. OriginalHamster

OriginalHamster UStealthy

Nov 2, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Not a definitive solution but you could try to move the the stick down slightly while pressing +,-,A,B that way it will get stuck in the contrary position.

5. YOLOSWAG
    OP

YOLOSWAG GBAtemp Regular

Jun 13, 2014
    The Sea
    I did try that, i know that if you move it down slightly, it will stop moving. for some reason i cannot d that when i press A,B,+,-

6. hicksy32

hicksy32 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 28, 2013
    United States
    Tamaqua, Pennsylvania
    got a triwing screwdriver? take it apart and check it make sure it's aligned correctly
    then restart the system without pushing on the analog stick

7. YOLOSWAG
    OP

YOLOSWAG GBAtemp Regular

Jun 13, 2014
    The Sea
    I can try that

8. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    No! Don't hurt the poor GBA... It didn't do anything wrong. :sad:

9. RandomUser

RandomUser What has gotten into you Rosie?

May 9, 2010
    United States
    This sounds like the same problem I had for my GameCube controller, The game would think the analog stick is in the left position, thus automatically moving the character or what not to the left, regardless of the analog stick was actually in neutral position. The temporary fix was to open up the GameCube controller and use some alcohol to clean the Analog stick under the thumbstick. Eventually replaced the thing with a new one and works really well. Need to use soldering iron though, and I ain't good with it, and I figured since the controller is basically shot due to the left analog stick, I didn't have much to lose, and if all goes well, I have a fully working controller to gain. So possible your Stick may needs replacing, and it may require de-soldering the old one and then solder a new one in place or better yet, buy another one with the PCB board, and should be an easy replacement.

YOLOSWAG likes this.