Misc Wii U GamePad Battery Percentage

TonyNESgri

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just put a png named icon in. Grab one of your other homebrew ones as a template and copy your own image over the top and save!

Can i just clarify..... This is an rpx to be ran everytime you want to see an estimated battery percentage or does this remain a constant display on which screen?
I think it's rather the former. When I tried to use it, the battery was only displayed inside the HB.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

TonyNESgri

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I allow myself to update here with a new question that I also posted on the thread https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-gamepad-battery-blinking-but-still-on.620199/post-9965320[/URL] :

Wouldn't there be a way to either switch off the red LED of the Wii U GamePad, or, even better, to make the Gamepad think that it still has battery in (that is true), so I can turn it on even when the Gamepad is supposed to be blinking red ? (I've got a 3600 mAh battery that has more autonomy, but it blinks red and stays like this way longer than it should)

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I allow myself to update here with a new question that I also posted on the thread https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-gamepad-battery-blinking-but-still-on.620199/post-9965320[/URL] :

Wouldn't there be a way to either switch off the red LED of the Wii U GamePad, or, even better, to make the Gamepad think that it still has battery in (that is true), so I can turn it on even when the Gamepad is supposed to be blinking red ? (I've got a 3600 mAh battery that has more autonomy, but it blinks red and stays like this way longer than it should)
As told at the other thread: It might be possible to overwrite the LED state with an Aroma plugin. I don't know enough about the low level details of this through, I just remember some dev telling you can directly control the LED via SPI.

Tricking the gamepad would mean to modify its internal firmware. AFAIK nobody looked into the gamepads firmware yet through. Would be a damn cool project with a lot of value... Making all that 3rd party batteries working better by adapting to their discharge curves. Still can't see that happening in the foreseeable future.

//EDIT: SPI: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_Peripheral_Interface
So my guess is you send the gamepad some SPI like commands which the CPU inside of the gamepad then sends via real SPI to the LED controller chip.

Last edited by V10lator,
Reactions: TonyNESgri

lurkerer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Apologies for the necro, though I've just upgraded my WiiU battery- and was wondering if it will be possible in the future to have an aroma plugin that displays battery percentile?

Edit: Currently running the homebrew provided in this thread by Xpl0itU to test battery drain on the new battery I installed.

It seems to not be lowering from 100%

Do only official batteries report %?

Last edited by lurkerer,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple