Hardware Wii U GameCube Adapter is Only Usable for Super Smash Bros.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just glad Nintendo is releasing a new gamecube controller now I can toss out all those old used up GC controllers I have. I hope it has the same quality as the old one, and a new wavebird controller would be fine by me even if I don't buy the Wii U USB Gamecube Controller Adapter.

deshayzilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lots of positive sentiment was built up from the initial report of the Gamecube controller initially being compatible with most Wii and Wii U games. Nintendo needs to realize that and add support for this in the future. The overwhelmingly positive reports coming from all gaming media outlets and how fast the story broke is a clear indication that this is something we want and are willing to spend lots of money on.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Lots of positive sentiment was built up from the initial report of the Gamecube controller initially being compatible with most Wii and Wii U games. Nintendo needs to realize that and add support for this in the future. The overwhelmingly positive reports coming from all gaming media outlets and how fast the story broke is a clear indication that this is something we want and are willing to spend lots of money on.

They've got a goldmine of games and they're only not making money off of them because they don't want to.

Anyhow, there's the NGC-Wiimote (the newly designed NGC controllers that plug to a Wiimote) so if you made your Wiimote "wired" (buy one of those cheap rechargeable batteries with USB cable) then it'd never run out of charge, though that'd still be a mess of cables but perhaps a better choice since it'll work always as a Classic Controller (this however, we still don't know for sure if it'll function with other games than Super Smash Bros. as Nintendo of UK stated).

613kKXkV-mL._SL1500_.jpg

61X5M3FLCZL._SL1500_.jpg

610Bm2rLJ0L._SL1500_.jpg

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it really a surprise that this adapter isn't going to work on a vWii? I mean, it's not like the IOSs are programmed to interface with it. Most of the non-system menu ones don't even support USB 2.0 I thought (only like IOS 58). Every single one would have to be updated to be able to support GC controllers via this adapter.
If they could do that, the Smash Stack exploit wouldn't have worked on a vWii. So...

The IOS the game runs on definitely has to be updated for the adapter to be recognized. It may be possible that there won't have to be game-specific patches if the IOS were to make the controller read info sent to the games act exactly as if a GC controller on a Wii sent them. But considering how many different IOSs are used for games, adding support is unlikely. Though, they should probably do IOS 36 because it has many popular games that support a GC controller like Brawl and MK Wii.

No they don't need to modify any IOS to get it working in vWii mode. What part of hypervisor don't you understand? But then again, remember that this is the same Nintendo that can't even write a GBA emulator for the Wii U so don't expect much.

deshayzilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They've got a goldmine of games and they're only not making money off of them because they don't want to.

Anyhow, there's the NGC-Wiimote (the newly designed NGC controllers that plug to a Wiimote) so if you made your Wiimote "wired" (buy one of those cheap rechargeable batteries with USB cable) then it'd never run out of charge, though that'd still be a mess of cables but perhaps a better choice since it'll work always as a Classic Controller (this however, we still don't know for sure if it'll function with other games than Super Smash Bros. as Nintendo of UK stated).

613kKXkV-mL._SL1500_.jpg

There is also ones being made by Hori that, in my opinion of course, look a lot better and may in fact perform closer to the original cube controller. The one made by PDP looks like those terrible 3rd party gamecube controllers, although the c-stick looks like an improvement(I'm sure you could do this yourself with replacement analog nubs).
61bu2tyJrrL._SL1000_.jpg

Some people don't like the turbo option on this controller however it's not like you need to use it.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Also while we're on the topic there is a petition to get gamecube controller support on other Wii U games on change.org.

I'll sign up for that but Nintendo should know it better than anyone that people want this so much on the Wii U for the Wii U games and Wii.

Btw, I edited my previous post and added a question which you may know.

Could care less about the 3DS version. Waiting for the real one.

It's actually "couldn't careless" because saying like that, you still care. :P

deshayzilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll sign up for that but Nintendo should know it better than anyone that people want this so much on the Wii U for the Wii U games and Wii.

Btw, I edited my previous post and added a question which you may know.

Is your question about the Classic controllers working for smash bros wii u? If so then the answer is a definate yes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte