Wii U frozen on Mocha CFW screen, what to do?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by CatmanFan, May 10, 2017.

1. CatmanFan
    OP

CatmanFan nope

Aug 14, 2016
    Morocco
    So I tried installing some games on my Mocha CFW RedNAND, and when I opened Mocha CFW it just stayed on the splash screen. My best guess is that it's reinstalling the RedNAND. Also, before anyone says that I don't have a RedNAND, I actually did install RedNAND back when it came out, but then I had a problem with my SD card and I let Windows scan my SD card for errors.

Anyone help please? I really don't want to brick my Wii U :(

2. wolf-snake

wolf-snake GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 5, 2009
    Mexico
    Don't worry about your system being bricked. Worse case scenario your Rednand is corrupted, but your Sysnand should be ok.

3. CatmanFan
    OP

CatmanFan nope

Aug 14, 2016
    Morocco
    What should I do right now? Should I power off my Wii U? Is there any way to uninstall my RedNAND in the SD card?

4. wolf-snake

Feb 5, 2009
    Mexico
    Yeah power down is the only option here, then if you want you can try to boot up Rednand again to see what will happen. Gonna need confirmiation on this one, but i'm pretty sure re formating the SD would get rid of Rednand without any issues, other than loosing everything you had in said Rednand.

Edit. To uninstall Rednand you need to delete the rednand partition from your SD and then reformat it.

Last edited by wolf-snake, May 10, 2017
  5. CatmanFan
    OP

CatmanFan nope

Aug 14, 2016
    Morocco
    OK, my Wii U survived, but I don't think formatting the SD card is going to get rid of the RedNAND. Most of my games are on my USB though, except for out-of-region games like MSX.

Last edited by CatmanFan, May 10, 2017
  6. wolf-snake

Feb 5, 2009
    Mexico
    I checked another thread and you need to delete the partition where rednand is installed on the SD. Also you can boot Mocha, press the B button so the options menu shows up and you can toggle Rednand off from there.

7. CatmanFan
    OP

CatmanFan nope

Aug 14, 2016
    Morocco
    I turned off RedNAND, now I'm using sigpatched SysNAND. How do I delete the RedNAND partition?

8. Felek666

Felek666 Demonically Uncontrollable

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    Good job, you got rid of literal Wii U cancer. Anyways, format your SDCard, backup every content of it before you do it.

9. CatmanFan
    OP

CatmanFan nope

Aug 14, 2016
    Morocco
    Even though I formatted it now (yes, I did backup everything), it's still saying 29 GB. Is the RedNAND partition even formattable/removable in the first place?

10. Felek666

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    Use guiformat.

11. CatmanFan
    OP

CatmanFan nope

Aug 14, 2016
    Morocco
    Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I just used guiformat to format the SD card in the first place.

12. Felek666

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    You will never get perfect 32GB with SDCards. There always will be 2GB taken away from it, or even more.

13. CatmanFan
    OP

CatmanFan nope

Aug 14, 2016
    Morocco
    I know. I'm talking about the fact that the RedNAND partition is still there. I attached an image to this post so you can see it for yourself.
    Proof

14. Felek666

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    Shouldn't NAND extractor have option to delete redNAND?

15. CatmanFan
    OP

CatmanFan nope

Aug 14, 2016
    Morocco
    I've checked and no. Probably another program or something, but I'm not going to buy another SD card am I?

16. vpd

vpd GBAtemp Regular

Sep 2, 2009
  17. CatmanFan
    OP

CatmanFan nope

Aug 14, 2016
    Morocco
  18. Felek666

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    Looks normal to me.

19. CatmanFan
    OP

CatmanFan nope

Aug 14, 2016
    Morocco
    So should I reinstall RedNAND (which takes 2 hours to install BTW) or just use sigpatched SysNAND (despite that having a higher risk of brick)?
    (either way I'm just gonna have to reinstall all my USB games since they have been installed from RedNAND and basically don't have faketickets for RedNAND anymore)

20. johndoegba

johndoegba Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2015
    Netherlands
    Run CMD as admin. Enter this command. "diskpart" Without the quotes. Then enter "list disk" You'll see several disks depending on the number of HDDs/SSDs and a disk with the size of your SD card. With numbers next to each disk type in"select disk" and the number of your SD card. then type "clean". You SD card is now completely wiped. Go into disk managent which you already found. and create a new disk for the SD. Be VERY careful while doing this as i don't want to be responsible for lost data for your PC.

Last edited by johndoegba, May 10, 2017