Hacking Wii U Firmware Update 5.5.5 released

sledgebeast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again want to verify... Has an Update File been downloaded to a Que and so will try to Update every so often even tho I have re blocked my DNS's?

Reactions: SuperDan

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhhgg! Its been so long since I did any of the Wii Hacking I don't remember how to even go about doing what you suggested. Care to refresh my memory?

Uh Never mind I looked it up and would rather just DNS it for now... I dont buy from store, nor do I play online.

I have everything I want on my WiiU anyway... I'm thinking I should delete my Inet Connection all together! ???
If you aren't playing online, then I don't see much of a need for an internet connection on the Wii U.

Here's a guide for proper update-blocking:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/block-wii-u-system-updates-without-dns-blocking.477944/

sledgebeast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats not what im specifically asking... My WiiU booted up asking to install an update! I quickly turned if off. Now what I am asking is: Does the WiiU Cache those updates in the NAND so even tho I have now blocked DNS &/or disconnected from Inet completely, Could they potentially try to install again. Other family members may unwittingly do it without my knowledge. Someone that knows exactly how the wii works please answer.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats not what im specifically asking... My WiiU booted up asking to install an update! I quickly turned if off. Now what I am asking is: Does the WiiU Cache those updates in the NAND so even tho I have now blocked DNS &/or disconnected from Inet completely, Could they potentially try to install again. Other family members may unwittingly do it without my knowledge. Someone that knows exactly how the wii works please answer.

if it asked to install an update, it's probably already installed it by now. you should get a red x and an error with system update otherwise. this will happen even if there's no update. it would only say there was an update if it had already downloaded it.

PoiRan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
My kids updated one of our consoles today, I assume to 5.5.5, no problem, cbhc still works. Our other wii u is blocked against updates.

Our switch is blocked in the router (mac block), dns, incognito, whatever, but I'm a bit sloppy with the kids wii u it seems. I backup game saves often though.

Edit: I should check later to see if this really is 5.5.5E and not 5.5.4E.

Last edited by PoiRan,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My kids updated one of our consoles today, I assume to 5.5.5, no problem, cbhc still works. Our other wii u is blocked against updates.

Our switch is blocked in the router (mac block), dns, incognito, whatever, but I'm a bit sloppy with the kids wii u it seems. I backup game saves often though.

Edit: I should check later to see if this really is 5.5.5E and not 5.5.4E.
You can tell with Mocha. Cbhc will show 99.99.99.

RareKirby

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Accidentially" is the Magic Word.:evil:
But I think Wii U Users are a little smarter than many Switch Users.:P

The only "Issue" that maybe can happen and I can imagine is to update from an (very) lower Version as 5.5.3x maybe...View attachment 249535
I take offense to that. I have a lot of outdated switches. I never update until daddy SciresM says it's okay. Though that's just on one switch though.

gallean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everyone
I recently factory reset my wii u, that was in previous firmware version (5.5.4E) no problem to connect it to my user account, but, impossible to access eshop, when i'm trying firmware update to 5.5.5 E i have the 105-3012 error...As the console is clean of any hack, okay with wifi, i don't see what may be the problem...
Thanks for your help.
P.S : i thought that, maybe a lan adapter should do it, but it's almost impossible to find actually.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone
I recently factory reset my wii u, that was in previous firmware version (5.5.4E) no problem to connect it to my user account, but, impossible to access eshop, when i'm trying firmware update to 5.5.5 E i have the 105-3012 error...As the console is clean of any hack, okay with wifi, i don't see what may be the problem...
Thanks for your help.
P.S : i thought that, maybe a lan adapter should do it, but it's almost impossible to find actually.
are you using a dns to block updates?

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
are you using a dns to block updates?
Honestly...I also did not have it....:mellow:

Hi everyone
Thanks for your help.

By the Way - the eShop is working here,with WiFi and LAN to USB Connection.
If you want to use one,I can recommend you this one:
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00MYT481C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Works with the Wii and the Wii U / vWii.👌

gallean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Honestly...I also did not have it....:mellow:

By the Way - the eShop is working here,with WiFi and LAN to USB Connection.
If you want to use one,I can recommend you this one:
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00MYT481C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Works with the Wii and the Wii U / vWii.👌
more stable connection yes also...i really don't get why the internet browsing/eshop sinin is working but not the console update, really strange. hope it will be better with lan (okay wii and wii u are only in 10/100 but it will be enough i suppose)

gallean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hi, i know this thread is quite old but i solved my problem with the tiramisu hack and ran ufdiine, restored the update folder, updated the wii u after removed the hack, done ;) just have to find the most recent release of gx2, but that's another story

Last edited by gallean,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there