SolidusXII

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hello :)

I found a used Wii U (EUR) and a GamePad (USA) for $50

The Wii U is on a low frimware so I was happy to grab it for future hacks, now the issue is that whenever I try to use the Gamepad on the Wii U it asks for update and fail due to the difference in region, anything that can be done? I checked on eBay and found few (EUR) gamepads with crazy prices £100-150 and no way I would pay.

Many thanks everyone and sorry if this was asked before.

totlol

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
GamePads are region locked, and currently there is no way to unlock them. It may be possible with the IOSU exploit.

Noy2222

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo has very particular region locking. My 3DS is American and my Wii U is European.
I was able to copy my Mii from 3DS to Wii U but couldn't use my American Nintendo ID with my EU WiiU.

dreassica

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
hello :)

I found a used Wii U (EUR) and a GamePad (USA) for $50

The Wii U is on a low frimware so I was happy to grab it for future hacks, now the issue is that whenever I try to use the Gamepad on the Wii U it asks for update and fail due to the difference in region, anything that can be done? I checked on eBay and found few (EUR) gamepads with crazy prices £100-150 and no way I would pay.

Many thanks everyone and sorry if this was asked before.

For that cheap, just get a gamepad pcb from ebay or elsewhere and swap it. It is how I did it with a Wiiu on 2.0.1 fw when i wanted to use the gamepad on a 5.5. wiiu.

Reactions: SolidusXII

SolidusXII

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For that cheap, just get a gamepad pcb from ebay or elsewhere and swap it. It is how I did it with a Wiiu on 2.0.1 fw when i wanted to use the gamepad on a 5.5. wiiu.

Great, can u please explain more if possible? I did a quick search on eBay and found only analog joysticks when I searched for "Wii U Gamepad PCB"

And how to confirm that the PCB is (EUR) region. Many thanks for ur reply

dreassica

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Great, can u please explain more if possible? I did a quick search on eBay and found only analog joysticks when I searched for "Wii U Gamepad PCB"

And how to confirm that the PCB is (EUR) region. Many thanks for ur reply
Something like this http://www.ebay.nl/itm/Nintendo-Wii...734080?hash=item1a0b991f40:g:zSsAAOSwZG9WhpTu

Obviously this requires u to at least be able to do this yourself, or feel confident enough to do this. But this isn't as hard as replacing the screen since thats way harder.
Although I managed using online teardowns and I am not what u called skilled at this sort of stuff. Just be carefull with the flat ribboncables and the slots they have to go in, u can easily break the flaps on m .

Last edited by dreassica,

SolidusXII

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Something like this http://www.ebay.nl/itm/Nintendo-Wii...734080?hash=item1a0b991f40:g:zSsAAOSwZG9WhpTu

Obviously this requires u to at least be able to do this yourself, or feel confident enough to do this. But this isn't as hard as replacing the screen since thats way harder.
Although I managed using online teardowns and I am not what u called skilled at this sort of stuff. Just be carefull with the flat ribboncables and the slots they have to go in, u can easily break the flaps on m .

It seems its not that easy to find a working gamepad board :( found few on AliExpress but all USA version

The ones on eBay seems missing a connector or touch screen is nothing working. would prefer a fully working board.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

It seems its not that easy to find a working gamepad board :( found few on AliExpress but all USA version

The ones on eBay seems missing a connector or touch screen is nothing working. would prefer a fully working board.
There's this one @ http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wii-U-Gamepad-/311523786884?hash=item488843c084:g:u~gAAOSwZG9WlAkN

The seller offers "Best Offer" so maybe he'd accept £60-70 for it? Worth a try. CeX had the White GamePad for sale at £65 but right now they have no stock and the Black GamePad would have gone for £78 but again, no stock either.

P.S. Are you able to make your way to Walthamstow Central? There's a store there named "Awesome Games" (how generic) that sells all kind of games and the owner might be able to help you out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey