Wii U Eshop Closing and Haxchi installation

JasonH

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the Closing of the WiiU Eshop and the fact that a genuine Eshop DS Title can no longer be purchased, Is there going to be another way to install Haxchi onto the Wii U???
If NOT then that means every WiiU with a DS Title already installed will make that particular WiiU extra valuable.

• Haha
Reactions: Joseph2k

Jediweirdo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Naaa, everything will be fine, and here's why:
  • The eShop on the Wii U may close, but as long as you're logged into you're NNID online you'll be able to purchase games from the Nintendo's website, then download it via the purchased part of the actual Wii U eShop. In case you didn't know, you just can't buy games from the Wii U eShop, not download already purchased games. You can also still use You can find Nintendo's official statement about it (but for Japan) here
  • And even if I'm wrong about that, it doesn't even matter! Something called Tiramisu exists, and it's basically CBHC (or Haxchi if you don't want autoboot) but instead of needing a DSVC title, all you'll need is the health and safety app (which every Wii U comes with). Plus it's kind of better in most regards and will still be updated by its creator, so I'd say it;'s a win-win! If you want to learn how to install Tiramisu, then you can go here.
And yeah, that's why I personally wouldn't worry too much about it

JasonH

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Naaa, everything will be fine, and here's why:
  • The eShop on the Wii U may close, but as long as you're logged into you're NNID online you'll be able to purchase games from the Nintendo's website, then download it via the purchased part of the actual Wii U eShop. In case you didn't know, you just can't buy games from the Wii U eShop, not download already purchased games. You can also still use You can find Nintendo's official statement about it (but for Japan) here
  • And even if I'm wrong about that, it doesn't even matter! Something called Tiramisu exists, and it's basically CBHC (or Haxchi if you don't want autoboot) but instead of needing a DSVC title, all you'll need is the health and safety app (which every Wii U comes with). Plus it's kind of better in most regards and will still be updated by its creator, so I'd say it;'s a win-win! If you want to learn how to install Tiramisu, then you can go here.
And yeah, that's why I personally wouldn't worry too much about it
Awesome. This is exactly why i posted this. Thanks for the information.

Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s