Wii U DS Virtual Console games aren't smooth. Native VCs, not even injects

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is not how you report an issue.
That's true and I'm sorry for that. On the other side please see why I did it this way: How to report a single post while this troll spreads it over multiple replies?

//EDIT: Sorry again. Used the report button on every single post of this troll now.

Last edited by V10lator,

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I don’t see the problem. The OP noticed an issue with VC games and half of the forum rolled in to correct them on their phrasing for no reason. Since you made this public, as opposed to going through the correct channel, I will make it public as well - if you don’t want to interact with the OP, there’s an easy fix. Don’t.

Since everyone seems to be acutely aware of the problem, perhaps we can all stop arguing about whether it should be called “hitching”, “frame-skipping” or “potato peeling”? You all know what he meant.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
@Foxi4 Sorry you can't see the problem while the OP is clearly trying to start a flame war. You're right through: I'm out of this conversation now. Sorry again for summoning you.
No, I don’t have a problem with the OP making a thread in which they express their own opinion. Normally this would be more of a blog post, but it has to do with a specific kind of official software, so it’s not exactly out of place.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No, I don’t have a problem with the OP making a thread in which they express their own opinion. Normally this would be more of a blog post, but it has to do with a specific kind of official software, so it’s not exactly out of place.
I guess @V10lator and the rest of the people posting here do not like the fact the OP is being somewhat rude and aggressive for fuck all reason. For me I don't see that as a reason to close the thread it would be just nice if the op was less of a knob with their responses.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I guess @V10lator and the rest of the people posting here do not like the fact the OP is being somewhat rude and aggressive for fuck all reason. For me I don't see that as a reason to close the thread it would be just nice if the op was less of a knob with their responses.
I also don’t see the reason to close the thread, hence my response. Everybody’s arguing over semantics, so the call for some civility is warranted. I haven’t seen anything that would go past the line of acceptable behaviour as of yet, and it’d be in everyone’s interest if it stayed that way. Everybody involved should either settle down or move along.

xLothwenx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a place where information has been collected about the variants of Nintendo's VC DS emulator? Other than the fact certain games are packaged with distinct versions? I know there is the injection wiki, but I'm looking for more details if they exist.

New Super Mario Bros. injected into Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon('s emulator) just results in more hitching; audio is still smooth. Marginally interesting.

NinStar

Ny'hrarr ♂
Trophies
Website
ninstar.carrd.co
XP
Country
Brazil
Is there a place where information has been collected about the variants of Nintendo's VC DS emulator? Other than the fact certain games are packaged with distinct versions? I know there is the injection wiki, but I'm looking for more details if they exist.

New Super Mario Bros. injected into Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon('s emulator) just results in more hitching; audio is still smooth. Marginally interesting.
I don't think this has ever been documented to that extent, only what works and what doesn't work with the most common DS VC games like most Injection wikis. You would need to manually compare the binary for each VC emulator.

Shanez1215

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My headcanon is that Nintendo originally was trying to create linkage between the Wii U and 3DS like they did between the GBA and Gamecube.

They did to some extent (3DS eShop games show up on the Wii U eShop, the NNID's are linked, and you can use the 3DS as a controller in Smash (but not any other game for some reason for god sakes Nintendo being able to pair 3DS's would let you do the 4 Swords Advanture thing with friends instead of needing 4 Gamepads).

But I think they were considering doing a "3DS Player" that was either an external box you'd plug in or maybe the option to plug in a 3DS (no idea how that would work, the 3DS charge port is data only). The games would run on native hardware but you'd use the Wii U Gamepad to control them. I'd be amazed if this DIDN'T cross their minds since they try to bridge the mobile and console all the time (Super GB, N64 transfer pack, GBA Player

But when the Wii U flopped they abandoned it and settled for just emulating the DS instead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: