Hardware wii u disc drive error

dust213dust

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hello!

I have a wii u console and after the boot screen it goes black screen with message that disc drive is faulty and i need to contact support. error code is 160-1402

I have ordered a new disc drive. replaced it (even tried to place old PCB on new drive) but I have same error.

All I want is to get to the home menu (if I turn on the console without disc drive I can see the home menu for about 1 second and then it goes to error message). if there any way to get to the home menu?
maybe any other methods to boot the system or anything...

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I feel you man. I'm in the same boat as U. :D

I posted in this thread about a similar issue but didn't get any replies: http://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-160-1400-error-no-disk.407829

The reason I said similar is because the error code is slightly different. Do you remember if you got the 160-1400 error first before trying to swap the disk drive? And did it change to 160-1402 after you did the swap?

From reading various forums on this issue I have a theory that swapping the disk drive but not the logic board results in a permanent 1402 error as some kind of on-purpose brick. Replacing the correct logic board after this makes no difference. The original 1400 error may be fixable but I don't know how.

I got an idea but haven't tried this out yet. Are you able to boot directly into Wii mode at startup? I think you have to hold the B button on the game pad. If you can are you able to then exit Wii mode to the Wii U home menu?

dust213dust

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I feel you man. I'm in the same boat as U. :D

I posted in this thread about a similar issue but didn't get any replies: http://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-160-1400-error-no-disk.407829

The reason I said similar is because the error code is slightly different. Do you remember if you got the 160-1400 error first before trying to swap the disk drive? And did it change to 160-1402 after you did the swap?

From reading various forums on this issue I have a theory that swapping the disk drive but not the logic board results in a permanent 1402 error as some kind of on-purpose brick. Replacing the correct logic board after this makes no difference. The original 1400 error may be fixable but I don't know how.

I got an idea but haven't tried this out yet. Are you able to boot directly into Wii mode at startup? I think you have to hold the B button on the game pad. If you can are you able to then exit Wii mode to the Wii U home menu?
Yes I had 1400 code aswell :) but im sure that if you turn on the console without drive it changes the error code to 1400

worst thing is that i cant get anywhere else but this black screen... my gamepads are not synced so i doubt pressing anything will help bypass this error screen but will try that...

D

Deleted User

Insert fake disc into optical drive and make it spin.
If Wii U wouldn't check for it on boot then that would've been a thing.

D

Deleted User

Sorry i dont undersant "make it spin...how ?" and your second phrase too. Sry.:blush:
If you insert a fake disc into Wii U optical drive, it will try to read it by spinning it.
That's how Wii U checks for drive on boot.

PurPPle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you insert a fake disc into Wii U optical drive, it will try to read it by spinning it.
That's how Wii U checks for drive on boot.
Oh ok, thx for clarifying. I think mine try to spin it but fail with distinctive sound (clak) on 1 try, and try again a second time, that when (second try) sometimes the disk spin and console boot up, but after many many tries...
But i have a question : if pcb card on dvd drive was not from this console, would the console even start once ? Please.
Thank you.

dust213dust

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have replaced my drive with new one, also tried with the old board... Nothing worked. I wasnt able to bypass this check.

Then Bought a new system

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte