Hacking Wii U controller playing Wii game on Wii U Console ?

Rynbernsz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am new to the Wii U console and new to any of the modding and hacking involved. I am getting the Windwaker HD Bundle coming out on Sept 20. I also got The Last Story Wii game to play on it using the Wii Mode. Is it possible to play Wii games on Wii U with the Wii U controller or has anyone come close? I've looked around and haven't been able to find much. I don't want to have to buy a Wii controller if I don't have to.
Thanks!

joepassive

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
i bought an expensive Wii remote plus with the wii u brand.
and you know what? most of my Wii U games that support wii remote didnt even need it - the original one works as good as the plus one [the original one i got with my old wii].

wii u gamepad only for wii u games, not on wii games.
u need wii remote + nunchuck for it.
you may want to look into this:
Just because it's awesome and beautiful, a little more expensive but worth it imo.
search for Wii Remote Afterglow controllers. ebay has them by the bunch
1457357-4556088016_1967241f1a.jpg

BenRK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't get the Afterglow controllers... They look nice, but that's it. I had one. The D-Pad broke on the first day, requiring you press down on it very hard. It constantly disconnected. It always ALWAYS screwed up the analog stick on the nunchuck controller, requiring a restart of the console. The button placement was odd (though not impossible to get used to). And it hated the motion+ accessory with a passion.

If you do get a Wiimote, just get an official Nintendo one with that whole Wii Motion+ thing built inside. Sure not every game needs it, but if you ever play those that do need it, you wont be hitting your self with the Wiimote because you're missing an accessory.

Also, some Wii U games need Wii motion+, so there's that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans