Hacking Wii U CBHC Can I clone my external drive as a backup? Helo

Spendy39

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So had to sell my Wii U on CBHC and before I post it is it possible to clone the HDD with my 700GB of Games on it as I know I will end up buying another one when money is not so tight. I work for a pc company so have access to a cloning program but wasnt sure if it would only work on the console I installed the games on? Any help would be great :-)

bootmonster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not easily no. The unique hardware of the HDD is embedded into the file system for a start.

And also yes it is unique to the console too.

There was talk of being able to inject data in and out of HDD images but I don’t think it ever got off the ground properly.

For all the hassle better just starting from scratch if and when you get a new console.

Reactions: Spendy39

Spendy39

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How can you work for a PC company and have to sell your Wii U? Manage your money better.
I do, I own my own house, have 5 kids but it wasnt being used so decided to sell to put the money towards something else. 3rd time I have sold my wii u this one cost me £60 and made £150 profit so cant complain. I will get another one but thanks for you concern over my money........

Reactions: alainvey

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So had to sell my Wii U on CBHC and before I post it is it possible to clone the HDD with my 700GB of Games on it as I know I will end up buying another one when money is not so tight. I work for a pc company so have access to a cloning program but wasnt sure if it would only work on the console I installed the games on? Any help would be great :-)
You can clone it from System Settings, but it would still be system unique. No real way around that I'm afraid, you can dump the decrypted data from the HDD using a PC tool but in unpacked format which you can't do a whole lot with directly, besides run it in Loadiine. Although the data can be packed with nuspacker into installable format again, you need to get the ticket to do so (not that hard), and getting tickets for and packing every game quickly becomes a time consuming task. Downloading games is still easy with Wii U USB Helper so to me it doesn't seem worth the hassle. Just back up the save data and keep it safe.

I do, I own my own house, have 5 kids but it wasnt being used so decided to sell to put the money towards something else. 3rd time I have sold my wii u this one cost me £60 and made £150 profit so cant complain. I will get another one but thanks for you concern over my money........
You got £210 for it? That's a lot for a used Wii U. Hell, it's a lot for a new one.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Spendy39

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can clone it from System Settings, but it would still be system unique. No real way around that I'm afraid, you can dump the decrypted data from the HDD using a PC tool but in unpacked format which you can't do a whole lot with directly, besides run it in Loadiine. Although the data can be packed with nuspacker into installable format again, you need to get the ticket to do so (not that hard), and getting tickets for and packing every game quickly becomes a time consuming task. Downloading games is still easy with Wii U USB Helper so to me it doesn't seem worth the hassle. Just back up the save data and keep it safe.

You got £210 for it? That's a lot for a used Wii U. Hell, it's a lot for a new one.

Yep, Normally go between £200-£240

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Had two cheeseburgers and a coke to fuel me up.