WII U BREATH OF THE WILD NOT UPDATING

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by CXNELP, Mar 5, 2017.

1. CXNELP
    OP

CXNELP Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2017
    United States
    So I downloaded and installed the brand new Zelda game Breath of the wild using WiiUSBHelper and WUPinstaller, and yes I have the correct region.
    So it installed correctly and it even appeared on my wii u menu. So I gave it a run and it needed to update. So I let it download the update and once it was done it started installing but was stopped when it said "Data corrupted" and some other random bullshit. So I gave it another go and again "data corrupted". I repeated this 2 times even going as far as to redownload the whole game, reinstalling then updating it but again, comes up with the same error, "Data corrupted".

If you are wondering the file location it was in the root of the SD card under the folder named "install" with all the files inside.
    and yes it has the ticket of course.

I've previously installed titles in the same method this way and they work just fine, however this game just won't damn update. I'll appreciate any fixes and ideas, I really want to play

Thanks!

2. moops44

moops44 Prince of Darkness

May 15, 2014
    Germany
    Moon
    I had the same issue
    Your game files are correct , but update via wiiu dont work , you must download the update with WiiUsbhelper and install with wupinstaller :grog:

HOW TO

Last edited by moops44, Mar 5, 2017
  3. CXNELP
    OP

CXNELP Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2017
    United States
    Ahh I see, though pardon me if I sound like a noob for a second. Since I've never installed any updates how do you actually do that?
    like where would you actually place the update files, in the install folder and run it from there? Or is it something else?

4. moops44

May 15, 2014
    Germany
    Moon
    Your Welcome

installing Updates / DLC its the same way you install a game :D

Last edited by moops44, Mar 5, 2017
  5. CXNELP
    OP

CXNELP Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2017
    United States
    Ahh alright :)
    thanks, I'll see how it goes.
    I suppose I'll have to delete the old update right?

6. moops44

May 15, 2014
    Germany
    Moon
    yes delete the old update :D have fun with the game