KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
large.jpg

More in Link

So,what do you guys think? Just the possibility of playing wii games off the controller sounds neat to me.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i recall before the Wii U got its debut at E3 last year that it was mentioned the controller would double up as sensor bar, seems to fit accordingly

Reactions: 2 people

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I don't see why I would want to wave a wiimote at the controller I'm holding in my other hand. Neither do I understand how the controller is going to get I'm pointing at it (if it acts like a wiimote sensor, that'll mean there will be two...so how to separate the main screen from the wiiU-mote one?).

About the only feature I can think of where it wouldn't suck is when you put the wiiU-mote next to (or underneath) your television so you get kinda like two monitors. It's kinda hard to estimate the screen size (+distance from your television), but perhaps you could have a rail shooter where the mini-screen serves as your HUD, and pointing at it can select other weapons.

Reactions: 1 person

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can easily see this for multi-player games. Also I think this is may be used for golf games and such.

Also, just because something is patended and feesable, doesn't mean it'll get used.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see why I would want to wave a wiimote at the controller I'm holding in my other hand. Neither do I understand how the controller is going to get I'm pointing at it (if it acts like a wiimote sensor, that'll mean there will be two...so how to separate the main screen from the wiiU-mote one?).

About the only feature I can think of where it wouldn't suck is when you put the wiiU-mote next to (or underneath) your television so you get kinda like two monitors. It's kinda hard to estimate the screen size (+distance from your television), but perhaps you could have a rail shooter where the mini-screen serves as your HUD, and pointing at it can select other weapons.

a wild guess, if a normal wii game is streamed onto the wii u controller, this would allow you to use the wii mote on its screen. Other ideas i saw from some demostration reel was a golf game where you would place the wii u controller flat on the ground and use the wiimote as a club/putter, but with a wii motion plus you would imagine it would make the idea null and void

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo