• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,559
  • Replies 18
D

Deleted User

OP
wii-u-release_price.jpg

Satoru Iwata told The Telegraph that the second screen on the controller was almost scrapped. "Sometime during that final discussion we almost gave up on the idea of the additional screen," Iwata said during the interview. "This was due to our concern over the expected high cost, it may not have been feasible to create this and sell it at a reasonable price point for the consumers." However, Nintendo has confirmed the Wii U will be at a surprisingly affordable price. So don't panic.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's an interesting nugget of information, I guess. It will be interesting to see what the final price of the controller and system are; from that, maybe we'll be able to see where the line for an "acceptable" price lies.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i would of been happy with just upgraded graphics for the wii. i like the idea of the controller, but it doesn't have me excited.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Reactions: 5 people

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: 6 people

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder what they gave up
Good graphics :tpi:

I do think you've not seen what the Wii U's shown so far. Oh wait. Bitching about Nintendo became commonplace and the "in" thing to do on this forum. Ironic, considering it's named after a Nintendo product.
It's a joke.

Maybe because that's all I see from almost everyone on this forum now? Any Nintendo-related topic I've gone on since E3 has had at least one person bitching.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I wonder what they gave up
Good graphics :tpi:

I do think you've not seen what the Wii U's shown so far. Oh wait. Bitching about Nintendo became commonplace and the "in" thing to do on this forum. Ironic, considering it's named after a Nintendo product.
It's a joke.

Maybe because that's all I see from almost everyone on this forum now? Any Nintendo-related topic I've gone on since E3 has had at least one person bitching.
Bro, have you bothered to ever open a topic on here? It doesn't matter what it is or who made it: people complain. People disagree. Get used to it.

Seriously, how have you made nearly 2k posts and not realized this?

ON TOPIC: I do have to wonder what Nintendo considers "surprisingly affordable." If they think we were expecting a $400 price tag, affordable would probably be around the $300 mark. Oh, and considering they just verified that the controller was enough to nearly push costs over the top, I would imagine that you never want to break your tablet controller. Ever.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
It would have existed eventually. They spent 10 years trying to make the 3ds work.

They spent 10 years trying to make the latest Duke Nukem game work...
The development hell DNF went through can literally not be compared with any other long development cycle. They didn't just "spend 10 years trying" to make the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.