Hacking Wii U 5.5.X OTP?

Firemoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you make a comment on a forum I will respond as though you're serious unless you post something like [/s] at the end

Simply put, I will assume someone is an idiot until they give me reason to believe otherwise

Pretty much like the american Criminal justice. Guilty until proven otherwise. I like that.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Pretty much like the american Criminal justice. Guilty until proven otherwise. I like that.
I'd like to think it's more because of the fact that there are people that misinformed or uneducated in this area and such seemingly stupid questions or statements are really just naive ones. Not to mention the fact, this is the internet. You can show yourself as a respectable member of a forum or you can choose to be a worthless waste of bandwidth no one will want to help when you are serious because you act like a jackass any other time.

That's just me though.

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
On the 3DS you need(ed) to downgrade to v2.1.0 to dump your FTP (since the firmware didn't lock access until after that). Does anyone know if the situation on the Wii U is similar? Did boot0/1 lock the OTP from the get-go or was that added in a later firmware?

rw-r-r_0644

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
On the 3DS you need(ed) to downgrade to v2.1.0 to dump your FTP (since the firmware didn't lock access until after that). Does anyone know if the situation on the Wii U is similar? Did boot0/1 lock the OTP from the get-go or was that added in a later firmware?
It was always locked

DrunkenMonk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Forgive me if I'm not understanding the terms used correctly, but with the 3ds, even a cfw 3ds doesn't have a completely exploted ios, whereas the iosu exploit is more like a complete system level exploit?

Though I could just be confused with the different terms used over the different communities, but I think that's a little bit more of an accurate way to describe the differences.

All will be revealed in due time, so I guess we shouldn't just speculate.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to think it's more because of the fact that there are people that misinformed or uneducated in this area and such seemingly stupid questions or statements are really just naive ones. Not to mention the fact, this is the internet. You can show yourself as a respectable member of a forum or you can choose to be a worthless waste of bandwidth no one will want to help when you are serious because you act like a jackass any other time.

That's just me though.
Yeah that's the one

Reactions: EclipseSin

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM