Hacking Wii U 100% safe to update to 5.5.1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrjezbud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey everyone.

I know we have been told we can update to 5.5.1 if we are on 5.5.0

But is this really a good idea? We have no idea what happens next time nintendo does an update.
Couldn't the browser get blocked? and it says we need to update before using the browser?

Please don't start trouble in the replies. I see this as a valid question.
If you think the question is stupid then please just don't post a reply.

Last edited by mrjezbud,

ThatNintendoNerd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it is safe to update from 5.5 to 5.5.1. Only change was an exploit fix in the browser that didn't even work:rofl:. I am on 5.5.1 using SD Cafiine and Loadiine with the new kernel exploit. So yea update.

mrjezbud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
They would have to push another update making 5.5.1 irrelevant, how at all is this question decent?
Did you read the question?

I asked if it was safe. I did say the reason why i wasn't sure.
What if an update gets pushed. Then everyone on 5.5.1 is locked out of the browser unless they update?

sTo0z

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@OP,

It has been confirmed countless numbers of times from the "devs". There is absolutely no advantage to stay on 5.5.0.

You are safe and encouraged to update to 5.5.1 before Nintendo spits out another update.

Update to 5.5.1 and then block updates.

mrjezbud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The update there now is 5.5.1. If you update now that's what you will go to. In order for anything to be blocked they would need to release a new update. Making 5.5.1 irrelevant.
Yes i know that.
But how do we know that nintendo didn't take any precautions.
If they released an update next week, how do we know that 5.5.1 wouldn't block the browser access when it detects the system is not on the newest firmware?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@OP,

It has been confirmed countless numbers of times from the "devs". There is absolutely no advantage to stay on 5.5.0.

You are safe and encouraged to update to 5.5.1 before Nintendo spits out another update.

Update to 5.5.1 and then block updates.
Do you have a link to something they have stated? where they say it is safe?

mrjezbud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry sir, I do not... it has been tweeted and posted many, many times. And if you can't trust the devs, then you definitely can't trust random dudes replying to your thread. :P
Well i don't keep upto date with the Wii U scene much. So i'm not sure exactly what has been said.
I just thought it would be good to ask as i couldn't find any great sources saying it was safe to update.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thats where my problem is. I have seen posts like that.
But it doesn't exactly mean it is safe.
How do the devs know that the browser access wont be blocked when a new update comes out?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats where my problem is. I have seen posts like that.
But it doesn't exactly mean it is safe.
How do the devs know that the browser access wont be blocked when a new update comes out?
https://github.com/yellows8/wiiu_browserhax_fright#browser-https-urls
As of 5.5.1 the only HTTP(S) URLs for code-binaries under Internet Browser "code/" are: internal-testing URLs, web-searching, "favorites" URLs, the Wii U version of the browser-filter also used for JPN-New3DS(https://3dbrew.org/wiki/Internet_Browser#New_3DS_Internet_Browser), etc. That is, as of 5.5.1 there's no known Wii U equivalent to the following with 3DS: https://3dbrew.org/wiki/Internet_Browser#Forced_system-update

Reactions: mrjezbud

Deleted120957125

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well how am i supposed to know if i will be locked out of the browser on 5.5.1 if they release a new update and i dont install it

Did you read the question?

I asked if it was safe. I did say the reason why i wasn't sure.
What if an update gets pushed. Then everyone on 5.5.1 is locked out of the browser unless they update?
Almost every thread about this exploit says it works on 5.5.x and has numerous replies saying that it works. Next time I would use the search function to quickly find an answer :)
Ahh. thanks for that.
Glad that someone can actually help members that are not upto date on the Wii U scene rather than just complaining :D
It can get rather annoying to seem the same topics made hundreds of time when the answers are already here....

mrjezbud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Almost every thread about this exploit says it works on 5.5.x and has numerous replies saying that it works. Next time I would use the search function to quickly find an answer :)

It can get rather annoying to seem the same topics made hundreds of time when the answers are already here....
Read the question. I never asked if it works on 5.5.x at all. I asked if it was safe as i was unsure if the browser access would be locked on 5.5.1 if a new update was pushed.

It can also get annoying you people give you a reply when they clearly have not read the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome