Hacking wii turns on, but nothing comes up, disc drive works...

dejaskater

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, yesterday I was playing paper mario 64 for vc, I had been playing it for a few days, and also playing brawl every so often, but yesterday I was playing paper mario, went downstairs, later that night I went back upstairs to play, but the wii was off,though i hadn't turned it off myself, I turned it on but nothing came up....not even the warning screen, it makes the disc read sound, but nothing else, No output to tv. I honestly don't know what it could be, I have no modchip installed or anything. I've never opened my wii up, Its a launch day wii btw if that makes any difference, Oh and I got a brawl disc read error often....Like id play some multi, but right when the game ends and goes to the score board I get a disc read error, or right when i start brawl up I get it....My wii was on system menu 4.0...And I honestly don't know why it would randomly stop working...I wasn't updating or anything. It was on the pause screen for paper mario last time I checked. Any Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance..

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
No softmods neither......mmmm......send it to Nintendo and they will fix it for free..!!
smile.gif

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
sounds more like a hardware failure than anything to me.

I wonder if it over heated, do you leave it on like that when not playing a lot?

also, did you try a different set of cables, or a different tv?

did you double check the video cable didn't come loose?

dejaskater

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TroyTheZombie said:
sounds more like a hardware failure than anything to me.

I wonder if it over heated, do you leave it on like that when not playing a lot?

also, did you try a different set of cables, or a different tv?

did you double check the video cable didn't come loose?
Yea i just brought it downstairs and it still doesnt work,and I have Homebrew channel installed, but I installed it when it first came out, so I dont see why it would randomly stop working now...and I only have one set of cables....so i cant try another lol, and I leave it on....often....

Posts merged

Also I leave it in an open area.....so The chances of it overheating are slim....

Posts merged

Its off a lot too, but if im playing a game that I want to come back to, I leave it on.

dejaskater

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The power didnt go out, nor was there a power surge :\ Ive had that happen a year or 2 ago, I just unplugged it for a few minutes and plugged it back in and it reset itself, That didnt work this time though...

dejaskater

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Id prefer not to send it to nintendo if it's not free, because im broke. I lost my job like 3 months ago, and I have more important bills than having to pay nintendo to fix my console, and wasnt there an article saying that nintendo fines people like 200$ if there is homebrew on their system? I'm Just looking for some ideas to what the problem could be, I read somewhere that if the bluetooth or wifi module gets loose, that my problem occurs?

phantastic91

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dejaskater said:
Id prefer not to send it to nintendo if it's not free, because im broke. I lost my job like 3 months ago, and I have more important bills than having to pay nintendo to fix my console, and wasnt there an article saying that nintendo fines people like 200$ if there is homebrew on their system? I'm Just looking for some ideas to what the problem could be, I read somewhere that if the bluetooth or wifi module gets loose, that my problem occurs?

mine broke today to. to see if your bluetooth is broken, see if you can turn on your wii with your wiimote. if it can then its not affected. i have to send mine to nintendo now and its goign to cost 75 $ w/o shipping T_T.

" and wasnt there an article saying that nintendo fines people like 200$"

hope i dont get charged that. but form what i heard, it was a problem for the nintendo of europe.

dejaskater

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phantastic91 said:
dejaskater said:

mine broke today to. to see if your bluetooth is broken, see if you can turn on your wii with your wiimote. if it can then its not affected. i have to send mine to nintendo now and its goign to cost 75 $ w/o shipping T_T.

" and wasnt there an article saying that nintendo fines people like 200$"

hope i dont get charged that. but form what i heard, it was a problem for the nintendo of europe.

Im kind of hoping since mine is somewhat brawl related, since i get a lot of disc read errors for brawl, that It might be free, or cheaper...Im hoping....

this is an email they replied with...

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you've encountered a problem with your Wii console and Super Smash Bros. Brawl game. While we are typically able to provide written responses to those who email us, in this particular instance the issue you’ve brought up is one that requires that we discuss it with you directly in order to collect additional details and provide you with the best solution.

Our representatives are waiting to speak with you. At your earliest convenience, please contact Nintendo's Consumer Service Department by calling 1-800-255-3700 any time between 6:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. Pacific Time, seven days a week. To save time when you call, please have your Wii system available and connected.

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
Andi Anderson

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr