Hardware Wii turns on and in 1 sec turns off

DarthMotzkus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi everyone, how are you?

Well, one month ago i bought a second hand Nintendo Wii White (PAL), the model with GC Controls and MCs ports. It's was working fine without any issue, 'till yesterday. I turn it on and it turned off in one second after, and the power led goes out too. It just came back if i re-insert the power supply on it. But still can't turn it on, it turns off just after.
I've tested the Power Supply (which is original from Nintendo), in my other Wii Black (US-NTSC) console, and it works perfectly. So it's not the power supply. Any thoughts/help with it?
Already tried to let it rest, on and off plugged into power, with and without all the cables and nothing on usb slots and sd card reader.

Thanks.

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@XFlak is an expert at the wii, so he may have a suggestion. I'm not really sure if it's not the power supply. that would've been my first guess, but since you tested it and it works, I dunno.

Reactions: XFlak

JuanMena

Old Skull 👹
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ac Adapter want bad?
Wii got a shortcut?
Not enough power supply?
Processor is failing/overheating?
Bluetooth module died?
That's the only thing I can think off.

DarthMotzkus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, i don't think the CPU is overheating, it's on and off instantaneously. I've opened it, disassembled all the parts, cleaned all the MB and contacts with isopropil alcohol, put together again and no juice. I've already tested with another Power Supply, original from Nintendo, wich one works perfectly on other Wii consoles, still the same.
And no damage on any component is visible, when i disassembled it, i've checked every thing, it appears to be brand new inside.
Probably I'll send to repair when i got the money to spend on it. I've changed my stock NTSC Wii to PAL System Menu and changed the video to PAL60 so i can use SCART cable, wich is the main idea of buying a PAL Wii, so when i want to play Wii and GC titles i could use SCART without change nothing o my NTSC one, and sadly the PAL Wii isn't working anymore.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    honestly knowing ken that isn't that unbelievable
    +1
    Gift
  • Xzi @ Xzi:
    arent many ps5 exclusives it's true, but there are a whole lot of ps4 games that got ps5 upgrades
    Gift
  • Xzi @ Xzi:
    and those have to be stored on one of the SSDs
    Gift
  • Xzi @ Xzi:
    "time to smash the stack"
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Uremum does like to call me dadbot
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Nothing beats a midnight shower
    Gift
  • AkiraKurusu @ AkiraKurusu:
    I'd say there would be more PS5 exclusives...if people could actually buy PS5s.
    Gift
  • Gift
  • AkiraKurusu @ AkiraKurusu:
    I mean, if no-one can buy a PS5, and thus is stuck with PS4 (Pros), then companies would still see some profit from developing PS4 games with PS5 upgrades; meanwhile, if they developed a PS5 game, then everyone who can't get that console won't buy that game, especially at launch.
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Nah every console starts early with low libraries
    Gift
  • Xzi @ Xzi:
    well theyre churning them out as fast as they possibly can, not like Xbox or PC are faring much better with the chip shortages
    Gift
  • Xzi @ Xzi:
    and games still take 4-6 years to develop regardless, so its not like sony can conjure up new exclusives out of thin air
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Makes me wonder what they have now and are actually hiding from the public
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    I hope in the next 5 years they can move on to even more realistic skin renders and not just make characters look like Shiney clay molds
    Gift
  • Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm waiting for the ultimate DLC, "The Most Dangerous Game".
    Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Let me hunt people or GTFO :angry:
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    It's just a $1 just shoot some dogs
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    I tried the chick fil a sauce Walmart has now it lives to the hype
    Gift
  • WG481 @ WG481:
    I swear you two are the only people who consistently use the chat feature