OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I've never used the standard Video cables that came with the wii, but use the component cables thus producing a 480I/P output signal. My wii is a PAL one, but the other day when i plugged my wii with the standard Video cables, it said NTSC. I never changed the Region of the wii, but i think its because of the CIOS installation, does that change the video output type of the wii? I used Waninkoko's CIOS rev14

llo88888

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ph34r.gif

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
no it cios dows not change the video mode of your wii, did you check you video output on the wii system menu? i believe that there's a PAL 60hz selection in EU consoles, it might be selected

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Unless you changed it yourself with AnyRegion Changer, it can't have changed to NTSC.
Afaik, no other things can change th region.

What region of system menu you have now? (you can see that in the wii settings)

llo88888

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I haven't used any region changer, but what i think is weird is how my different tvs treat the signals differently. My plasma treats the 480i(60Hz) signal as NTSC while the 576i(50Hz) as PAL while my other tv in the other room treats them both as PAL signals.

hfcrussell

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ive had the same problem with a 42" plasma seeing my wii as NTSC with the RCA cables. Had to pull out the old CRT to get it to work on christmas day....

Recently bought the component cables and now have to use the same connection on my tv to run the kids media centre. Not happy jan....

Russell.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs