glukriek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello guys,

I am trying to transfer my save files and miis from my Wii to my WiiU and decided to use the save manager to be able to keep everything on the original wii but I ran into problems:
- On the Wii I was able to copy my Miis but they fail to copy on the WiiU (and I used the WiiU .dol)
- On the Wii I couldn't see all my saves and the few I saw could not copy to the SD or the USB device.

Any ideas how to solve it? Any other options?
My Wii is hacked and was up to date when the WiiU arrived
My WiiU is hacked with the latest releases.

I don't necessarily need to transfer all the saves but would like to have a few (at least PES and MarioKart)

Thanks in advance

Glukriek

mindscarp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
As for saves, this did the trick for me (all saves at once including copy-protected such as Mario Kart Wii):

1) Launch FS-Toolbox 0.4d from Homebrew Channel on your Wii → Press A to continue → Press 1 to select the whole NAND filesystem, then A to dump it to the FSTOOLBOX folder of your SD card, then HOME to return to the Homebrew Channel

2) On your SD card, move the contents of sd:/FSTOOLBOX/title folder to sd:/nand/title (you only need 00010000, 00010001, 00010004, 00010005)

3) On Wii U, activate Partial NAND emulation for saves in USB Loader GX (adjust settings/path accordingly if you're using another loader)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Some games don't work with EmuNAND saves (for example, Zelda Skyward Sword).
As long as he doesn't encounter such games, he can use EmuNAND set to Partial to use his SD/USB as save place instead of his console's NAND.

I recommend doing the backup using USBLoaderGX + d2x cIOS + internal NAND dump feature, as I don't know how FSToolbox renames incompatible FAT32 characters. Using the same loader to do the backup than the one he will be using to play games will prevent incompatibility. very few games use incompatible characters so maybe FSToolbox if enough for him.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over