Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thought I'd do this again seeing that theres more than two games released a week for it now. If you have a modchip than buy yourself some discs as there are a few interesting titles that you might wanna try. Unlike the DS thread I won't be in depth with all games, just the ones that look alright to awesome due to me having to resize the pictures and hosting them, takes ages to do this you know!

5th Novemeber

Agatha Christie: And Then There Were None

Region: US Genre: Adventure-me-do
Developer: AWE Games Publisher: The Adventure Company

Finally a graphic adventure game for Wii owners! Based off the PC version, which had some good reviews, the Wii game follows the exact same point and click adventure, but uses the Wiimote in place of the mouse for said clicking. It has a few other uses as well to make the game a bit more immersive. Opening doors, for example, isn't done with just a click. Instead, players will have to point at the door and make a turning motion as if you were opening a door. Cocktail mixing will be done by shaking the controller, and digging in the ground will require a scooping motion. Also opening a safe, you will have to turn the Wiimote and listen to it closely for the sound of tumblers falling into place. Sounds pretty good if you ask me. Theres currently three games on the PC with seven more to be based off Christies novels, if this version does well there will be more ports to follow

2003730061279461410_rs.jpg
2003757105776279186_rs.jpg

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

Region: US Genre: Turn based strat RPG-me-do
Developer: Intelligent Systems Publisher: Nintendo

This is a long time coming. Pretty much like the GC game from a while back. No online features and the gameplay is just the Wiimote buttons and D-pad! Thats right nothing at all that make use of the Wii's unique features, it even looks and sounds like a GC game. But its Fire Emblem and the GC game was pretty damn good so you just have to make do with it story. Reviews just in all say its a very good game.

Video Link

2003801961042833369_rs.jpg
2003823944084264734_rs.jpg

Also out:
The Bee Movie

6th Novemeber

Dance Dance Revolution Hottest

Region: US Genre: Dance-me-do
Developer: Konami Publisher: Konami

The dance series finally comes to the Wii! Its pretty much the same as ever but with some new modes & wiimote motion features. Comes with a dance mat.

Video Link

2003382658693456195_rs.jpg
2003381428887660868_rs.jpg

LEGO Star Wars: Complete Saga

Region: US Genre: Action-me-do
Developer: Travelers Tales Publisher: LucasArts

Building on the success of both LEGO Star Wars videogames, LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga enables families to play through the events of all six Star Wars movies in one videogame for the first time ever. From the Trade Federation's "negotiations" with Obi-Wan Kenobi and Qui-Gon Jinn in The Phantom Menace to the space battle above Endor in Return of the Jedi, The Complete Saga allows players to kick some brick through 36 Story Mode levels, including Episode II's newly added high-speed pursuit of bounty hunter Zam Wessell. Traveller's Tales has revamped levels from the original LEGO Star Wars to match the gameplay evolutions found in LEGO Star Wars II, and Prequel Trilogy characters can now be mixed and matched with those from the Original Trilogy -- more than 160 in all. Features include new playable characters, an upgraded character customizer, and new bonus levels. You can swing your wiimote but apparently its not like a lightsaber and feels lame. The screens issued are the same for all consoles and look like cutscenes so I won't show them.

Mario & Sonic At The Olympics

Region: US Genre: Track & Field-me-do
Developer: Sega Publisher: Nintendo

Ooh can we sense another bout of forum slowness? People are expecting this title to be huge, though Sonic's popularity has waned lately so lets see if it does well, hell its got Mario in it, of course it will! Innovative usage of the Wii control systems to maneuver a favourite character will allow players to race the likes of Mario and Sonic down the 100m track, engage in exhilarating rallies in table tennis and churn water in a swimming heat, all while competing for the much sought after gold medal. Sonic may be faster than Mario but he is use to having to run into walls due to crap camera control, while Mario is in awesome platform games so he should win.
nyanya.gif
Its online so that should be fun and it also lets you use your Mii to compete! Instant win?

Video Link

2000005295363818496_rs.jpg
2000008797429731823_rs.jpg

Also out (All US Releases):
Octomania
My Word Coach
Hannah Montana: Spotlight World Tour

6th Novemeber

Endless Ocean

Region: Europe Genre: Explore-me-do
Developer: Arika Publisher: Nintendo

Beautiful game, but not for everyone. Navigating their way through the depths of the ocean using the Wii remote, players guide their character using the pointer's cursor, visible as a bright blue dot. When players wish to interact with fish or plants they can highlight them with the pointer and press the A Button. By doing so, players discover new species and build up their fish log. What’s more you can also befriend companions like a dolphin which will become your partner and with whom you can train and swim with. It will be a budget price game (well at the most £30) and its also online.

Video Link

2004302085681665198_rs.jpg
2004394584634315735_rs.jpg

WWE SmackDown! Vs Raw 2008

Region: Europe Genre: Gay bondage-me-do
Developer: Yukes Publisher: THQ

If you don't like wrestling than this won't be for you but if you do than it might be. It has online apparently, which surprised me seeing its cheap THQ. This edition delivers more depth and strategy with prominent new features, key annual enhancements and incredible graphics while making its much-anticipated debut on three new video game systems. And as the first WWE wrestling game for the Wii, the game allows players to use the unique controls of Nintendo's system to control the masters of the mat. It's time to live the life of a Superstar. IGN gave it 7.5.

Video Link

2005063657214718531_rs.jpg
2005083360638576730_rs.jpg

Also Out (all Europe releases):
Nicktoons: Attack of the Toybots
Offroad Extreme - WARNING SHOVELWARE!
Big Catch Bass Fishing

PAL Region Dupes:
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground
EA Playground

AND...
51ZgQjNH8ML._SS500_.jpg

Yes the Wii also gets a cheap £15 game thats just the same as the DVD game that you can buy for under £4.

And thats your lot, Wii releases tend to come out on time but do expect delays.

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
Go go Hadrian!

Lots of titles to look forward to...and I still have Simpsons, Galaxy and Zack to play lol. Gotta play Path of Radiance before Radiant dawn too...and Endless oceon looks pretty cool. I was actually gonna buy Lego star wars this friday but when I heard that wii version wouldn't get online co op I was peeved.

EDIT: Oh and Hadrian, on the 9th of November Lego Star Wars complete is out in Europe
wink.gif

2cb2ct7

Trophies
XP
Country
F'n A hadrian! An excellent job, as always!

Just out of curiosity, any know the Euro release date for Dewy's Adventure?

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Ooh!
That's a good week!
Mario & Lego Star Wars look like they're going to be good games.

Star Wars Lightsaber on Wii Remote!
*pisses pants in excitement*

osirisFIVE

Trophies
Website
www.imperfectgrandeur.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Yay, my wish has come true.

Anyway, nothing seems to be interesting except that Mario & Sonic thing. I'd kill Nintendo if they make a demo and cause forum lagzation.

Hmmm, I'm not a fan of tactic-based games on the FRIKKIN' TEEVEE.
So yeah, not very interesting this week, but I must say there are a few quite notable titles.

Good work, Hadrian.

EDIT: Just saw the Lego trailer, apparently when you get killed in an explosion you get blasted into little Lego bits.
PRETTY COOL, PLUS, DID I JUST SEE MULTIPLAYER CO-OP. Anyway game with Multiplayer Co-op is bound to be fun.
I want it now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1