Hacking Wii Third party controller input delay?

ColdEagle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm trying to find a pro classic controller to use for nes, snes games and maybe the odd wii game.
However I'm struggling to locate one, does anyone have any experience with these cheap 3rd party ones?
Eg something like this: http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-BLACK-CLASSIC-CONTROLLER-PRO-JOYPAD-GAMEPAD-FOR-NINTENDO-WII-CONSOLE-/191221120959?hash=item2c85aabfbf:g:U1IAAOSwrmdTpFwi&_trkparms=pageci%3A00193a3f-c0dc-11e6-9caf-74dbd1802875%7Cparentrq%3Af60399561580a786c81d6b08ffecd6e6%7Ciid%3A1

I caught a thread mentioning there was a problem using 3rd party controllers when I have the homebrew channel installed? Is this still relevant / correct?

Thanks

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm trying to find a pro classic controller to use for nes, snes games and maybe the odd wii game.
However I'm struggling to locate one, does anyone have any experience with these cheap 3rd party ones?
Eg something like this: http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-BLACK-CLASSIC-CONTROLLER-PRO-JOYPAD-GAMEPAD-FOR-NINTENDO-WII-CONSOLE-/191221120959?hash=item2c85aabfbf:g:U1IAAOSwrmdTpFwi&_trkparms=pageci%3A00193a3f-c0dc-11e6-9caf-74dbd1802875%7Cparentrq%3Af60399561580a786c81d6b08ffecd6e6%7Ciid%3A1

I caught a thread mentioning there was a problem using 3rd party controllers when I have the homebrew channel installed? Is this still relevant / correct?

Thanks
You could get a NES30 Pro. It has a Wii Classic Controller mode among others and you can use it with Wii, Wii U, PC, smartphones, tablets etc. I have one myself and while it is a bit small it works great.
Yes, homebrew has compatibility issues with some 3rd party classic controllers. Works fine with the NES30 Pro though I haven't been able to get the NES30 Pro to work with Nintendont.

Reactions: ColdEagle

ColdEagle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You could get a NES30 Pro. It has a Wii Classic Controller mode among others and you can use it with Wii, Wii U, PC, smartphones, tablets etc. I have one myself and while it is a bit small it works great.
Yes, homebrew has compatibility issues with some 3rd party classic controllers. Works fine with the NES30 Pro though I haven't been able to get the NES30 Pro to work with Nintendont.
Thanks for that, I prefer the grip style as anything else hurts my hands, even that does at times however it looks like this might be my only choice.
Thanks.
if anyone has any other alternatives I'm all ears?

So is it just navigation in the hbc that is a problem or anything launched from within the hbc (and therefore every app) that the issues with 3rd party remains?
Sorry for the noibish question.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thanks for that, I prefer the grip style as anything else hurts my hands, even that does at times however it looks like this might be my only choice.
Thanks.
if anyone has any other alternatives I'm all ears?

So is it just navigation in the hbc that is a problem or anything launched from within the hbc (and therefore every app) that the issues with 3rd party remains?
Sorry for the noibish question.
My dad has some 3rd party classic controller clones, and they cause issues (crashing with DSI Exception or just not working) in all the homebrew I've tried them in.

Reactions: ColdEagle

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol
    19 inches it was glorious lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, If it doesn't fit, you should've gotten one smaller lol
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If a racoon can fit up to 8-inches then so be it
    +1
    Lol it it fits I sit? Lol
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Will it blend lol
    +1
    Blended families!!!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Blended families!!!