Wii System Settings - Opera Error

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Chiaki, Sep 3, 2007.

Sep 3, 2007
  1. Chiaki
    OP

Member Chiaki GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    Hello everyone,
    so I bought myself a fresh modded Wii with WiiKey (PAL) and tried Metroid Prime 3 today. Using the non-bricked -> 15% abort -> bricked mehod...
    Well the abort worked, the game starts up fine but I only see 3/4 of the picture. I heard you should set it to 60hz then, so I got to my Wii Settings and... WTF I got an OPERA ERROR?!?

Well that's that I can't call up my Wii Settings at all... what should I do now?!? please help me =(...

2. Tomobobo

Member Tomobobo Champion.

United States
    Well you're sorta screwed until a game with 3.1E shows up.. Then you can update with it and hope it works..

3. Chiaki
    OP

Germany
    And why is that?

4. SnickS

Member SnickS GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Because you bricked your Wii Settings menu by installing a firmware of another region on your PAL Wii. It tries too load some settings or the entire US settings menu on your PAL Wii, which isn't possible so it creates an error. Your only hope is too install the next update of the PAL firmware (which isn't out yet) and hope that it overrides the US setting menu with the PAL one again.

5. Chiaki
    OP

Germany
    Is there no way to reset the WII?`Or kind of overwriting the Firmware?
    YOu know the Opera Browser just doesn't find a HTML file somehow... as if the menu was a saved HTML file and is now erased.

6. Scorpei

Member Scorpei GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    Nope no way that we know of at this time only hoping the update might work (as it might not). Only way to prevent problems like this would be to install a nand flasher and make a working backup before trying non-region-complient games but that doesn't really help you now.

7. Bob Loblaw

Member Bob Loblaw Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!

United States
    i forget if it was here or on wiinewz, but they said the one thing i believe in most...if a game has a firmware update it is really best to stick to your own region..even if the game doesn't come out for another couple months and you don't think you can wait...it's better to wait than to have a bricked wii

8. Chiaki
    OP

Germany
    Well I took the risk, that doesn't help me now... There HAS to be a way to somehow Hard Reset the Wii... I can't believe customers have to send it to Nintendo if a Brick comes natural.

9. Bi99uy

Member Bi99uy GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    You´re Screwed. There is absolutlely no way that you can fix it on your own until a game with an update comes out. Take the plunge and send it to Nintendo/Take it back to the store or wait.

10. Scorpei

Netherlands
    @chiaka: The brick hardly came natural [​IMG]. Installing a different region update shouldn't even be possible with a normal unaltered Wii (and I'm kinda guessing the big N knows the symptoms by now so no hiding behind I didn't know).

11. Chiaki
    OP

Germany
    The problem is solved I'll wait for another firmware update for PAL, then it will work again.

12. Scorpei

Netherlands
    Was suggested by everyone in the topic so proper course of action. My previous post was just cause you stated your brick came natural which was hardly the case of course [​IMG].