Hacking Wii system memory screwed...

Alexander_001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A few months ago, I bought a second-hand Wii (original model) from CeX. I've installed the homebrew channel, bootmii, Wii mod batch and priiloader on 4.3E using letterbomb. Everything was working perfectly - I had USBloaderGX, emulators, Nintendont and other stuff.
However, I made an emuNAND and installed the Neek2O channel on my Wii, then ran it. I got this screen - as if I'd just performed a factory reset. I immediately panicked and unplugged the Wii, then restarted it. I then had to resync the remotes. About a week later, when I played a game from USBloaderGX, I realized that all my save files were corrupted. Fortunately, every time I install a WAD, I make a NAND backup using bootmii, then upload it to my Google drive, so I tried to restore it from a backup. None of my backups restored the save files, and even after I used savegame manager GX to uninstall and reinstall it, they were still corrupted. So I just accepted that they were gone and I had to start over.
I didn't play my Wii games for a while after that, mainly just playing with homebrew games and emulators. But then my sister was confused at why she couldn't save in Animal Crossing: Let's Go To The City. So I started a new game and tried to save again, but as soon as it started saving, it immediately showed a red error message: Could not access internal memory. Please refer to Wii system manual for details. This is when I realized I'd screwed it up, big time.
My last resort was to uninstall the homebrew channel and reset to the default factory settings. After I did that, for some reason priiloader was still there. And even worse, every time I switch it on, I have to resync the wiimotes.

Oh well. At least it's not bricked. But before I send it to Nintendo, maybe you guys might be able to help me out? Could I possibly remove all modifications and restore it back to its original vanilla state, with no problems, as if it were brand new? Any help or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks much!

remlei

Trophies
XP
Country
its probably just the NAND is wear out so bad. and you have a backup nand so you can have someone who has expertise with wii repair and replace the NAND chip with a good one and reflash the nand using your nand backup and key that you have.

Alexander_001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys guess what! I tried reinstalling the system OS and it still didn't work, so then I tried looking for help online. One place told me to try running the game under a different IOS, and I tried IOS249 (cIOS d2x) but it still didn't work. So then I tried using 36, but USBloaderGX told me: "Please enter a valid number (200-240)". Fine. So I tried 236. Tried launching the game again, but it said: " Only a valid d2x cIOS can be used for NAND emulation." Nand emulation? I entered the game's settings menu again, and sure enough, NAND emulation was on. So I turned it off, and sure enough, the game saved perfectly! So my problem didn't have anything to do with the Wii system memory, but with USBloaderGX looking for an emuNAND that didn't exist! Haha I'm so stupid sometimes...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.