Hacking Wii System Memory is full

Godamit

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Help please. Today I figured I'd give Cave Story a try since I heard good things about it, so I got my hands on the wad file and installed it. However, when I got back to the wii menu it said the memory was full.
I have bootmii and prilloader installed as I hear I need to use those somehow for such a situation.

If anybody could help me ASAP it would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I just launched the HBC from bootmii (entered it from priiloader) and uninstalled Cave Story. I now have access to my Wii, it doesn't force me into data management. Though uhh, is it possibly something wrong with the cave story wad or what other reason could there be?

Godamit

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Though I forgot to add that I tried moving things to my SD card and even after that my wii was reporting with full memory. I heard of this error before so I assume I'm not exactly a special case.

EDIT: After searching for the block size, I see why the error occurred. It's a pretty big game. This topic is no longer necessary :)

EDIT2: Hmm, before this topic is ignored, how could I install such wiiware games to my SD card?

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Why so much trouble for nothing :D

Move all your wiiware/vc from your wii internal memory to your SD(HC)
If you want to play the WiiWare/VC you moved from Internal memory to SD, just point to the SD icon in your Wii GUI and start the WiiWare/VC from SD(HC)
That way, your Wii storage for WiiWare:VC/WiiChannels is only limmited to the size of your SD(HC)

EDIT: When i ran into this problem i had to move like 6 games to SD before i could go back to the Wii GUI. Then i moved almost every wiiware/vc game to my SDHC
now i have like 17xx blocks free

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Just for info

When you install with a wadmanager, you install it to the Wii internal memory first, then you move them to SD through the Wii Settings menu
When you buy and install from the WiiShop channel, you get the option to install to Wii internal memory or to straight to SD

Godamit

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ahhk, thanks for the info. I did somewhat figure out the wad manager part (I use multi-mod manager for my wads). Though the 2nd part is nice to know for if I enjoy Cave Story and decide to buy it :)

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I was under the impression that a VC or wiiware needed to be on internal nand flash before you could play it?
In that case, you can use the sd card for temporary storage. The channels on your sd don't show up in the system menu, so how will you run them?

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
You need to be on 4.x( is it 1 or 2) to be able to run from SD(HC)
- First go to your Wii settings and manage memory (or something like that)
- Move your WiiWare/VC to SD (you need to do this 1 by 1, this can take awhile if you have alot, but do a few to test)
- Back in your Wiimenu, left under is an icon of your SD card
- Click on it
- Now you see a menu with all Wiiware:VC you moved from internal memory to SD
- Click the game you want to play and it starts.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Problem is that the game has to temporarily copy to the NAND to be run, unless something changed since 4.2 or unless I am horribly, horribly mistaken on something. Now installing CaveStory to your SD will be fine, but when you go to play it you won't have enough room UNLESS you copy a lot of other block-intensive titles there too and let them reside there at all times so you have enough room.

Tbqh, I would go for TriiForce MRC/Mighty Channels/postloader (my favorite). Only downside to that is your saves go to the emulated NAND instead of the real one, compatibility isn't perfect (but with d2x it's pretty damn close) and WiFi portions of games that have WiFi portions don't work on emulated NAND.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr