Hacking Wii System Files are Corrupt, Please see the User's Manual

MassiR77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I'm getting an error every few times I boot up my Wii, or just enter the system menu. Taking out my SD card hasn't helped it, it seems, and I can get to the menu every few attempts. It started after playing the multiplayer Mario 64 on Not64 if that has anything to do with it. I haven't made a backup yet since I have no space on my SD, I think I want to do that to safeguard my Wii for now, should I use a separate SD and just put PriiLoader on it and make a backup? Also, any ideas to fix the first problem?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure of a solution to your problem, but wouldn't making a backup now, while the files are corrupt, be pointless? you may need a clean backup.

MassiR77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not sure of a solution to your problem, but wouldn't making a backup now, while the files are corrupt, be pointless? you may need a clean backup.
That's what I was thinking but since I'm able to get in, I think I might be a fluke. I could use syscheck maybe. Recently however I installed a new N64 WAD forwarder to replace an older one. That could also be the cause.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
game wads are okay, but homebrew ones (I think) can cause problems if they were meant for the vwii or the wii. not saying that's what's going on, but that's the first thing I thought of.

MassiR77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
game wads are okay, but homebrew ones (I think) can cause problems if they were meant for the vwii or the wii. not saying that's what's going on, but that's the first thing I thought of.
All I did was install a channel forwarder, I haven't done much else for months. Just getting this error now. Since it does only happen every few times I turn the Wii on, maybe it's just bugging out and isn't actually corrupt? That's why I'm hoping, I will try making a NAND backup and continue to play as normal until something bad does happen.

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,
@MassiR77

You say ==> I have not made a backup yet because I do not have space on my SD card.

So sort on your SD, then remove things that you do not use or more.

Then reformat your SD, then put the latest versions of Homebrews, Emulators and others ...... you own.

You say ==> All I did was install a channel redirector, I did not do much else for months. I'm just getting this error now.

Try to delete the redirector channel you have installed, if you can.

It's just suppositions.

Regards Jeannotte.

Last edited by jeannotte,
Reactions: Alexander1970

MassiR77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello,
@MassiR77

You say ==> I have not made a backup yet because I do not have space on my SD card.

So sort on your SD, then remove things that you do not use or more.

Then reformat your SD, then put the latest versions of Homebrews, Emulators and others ...... you own.

You say ==> All I did was install a channel redirector, I did not do much else for months. I'm just getting this error now.

Try to delete the redirector channel you have installed, if you can.

It's just suppositions.

Regards Jeannotte.
Ok, and most of the stuff on my SD I am using so I might backup it up, delete everything, and then just make a NAND backup and save it to my computer and put everything back on the SD. I'll try deleting the channel, see if it helps much.

MassiR77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oddly enough, my Wii has stopped giving me the error. I've been playing for half a day, using different apps and such and haven't encountered the error. I think this was some kind of glitch, but I'll be sure to back up the NAND just in case.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Btw today at school I gave one of my cookies from my snack to the girl I like.