Wii System Advice

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by zant, Jun 16, 2009.

Jun 16, 2009

Wii System Advice by zant at 12:32 AM (1,009 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. zant
    OP

Member zant GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Hi guys. I am currently running a hacked 3.2u system, after 4.0u hacked presented some problems. I really would like to go back, but the random bricking and disk read issues need to be fixed. On 4.0u, I used to wake up to a bricked wii, that could only be fixed with a boot2 flash of bootmii or a preloader ios switch. This was already a nusence, but then discs began to fail being read, and so I decided to go back down to a hacked 3.2u system. I would press power on my wii remote (as my wii was in standby), and it would not start up the wii. Manual start up of the wii led to a health screen brick. This was random, and if the system menu would work, Discs would almost never work. So, im starting off with a hacked 3.2 right know. What I would like to have in 4.0

1: NO MORE FUCKING RANDOM BRICKING
    2: Cioscorp type backup loading via disc channel (if any alternates are out there, please list)
    3: homebrew channel
    4: Custom IOS that will work with metroid prime 1 and 2 jpn
    5: USBLoader not wanted, as i have plenty of discs to burn.
    6: Bootmii (already there)
    7: Preloader
    8: Shop Channel access

What is the best method to proceed? Thanks for the future answers!

2. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835

Have you tried following everything in that guide?

Personally I don't like CIOSCORP at all and think it's completely not worth it just to get disc channel based backup loading when you can just get a backup launcher channel and use a preloader hack to move the disc channel and replace it with the backup launcher channel if you really want to click from that spot. If you're willing to change every one of your systems IOS JUST to see the animations of the game in the channel then fine, but that is most likely the cause of your frequent bricking even if it can be done properly. Ease of use is definitely not a reason to use it when a backup launcher channel is in no way harder.

So my suggestion is to just get cIOS rev 12 or 13 which I think may work with MP1 and 2, then update to 4.0 via the online guide in the link I posted, getting preloader on it as instructed as well, then just using a backup launcher channel for neogamma or something and if you really want it to be in that top left spot enable the preloader move disc channel hack and switch it out.

3. zant
    OP

Member zant GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I tried that guide to the letter, online style, and the cioscorp addendum, however i did get the random bricking, which was never mentioned. However, this problem only exists on the 4.0 menu. In 3.2, this problem did not exist. What is causing this issue?

4. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I used that guide myself. Online method worked fine for me. I recently posted to help a guy who bricked using the offline method, so avoid that. I use USB Loader, so no corp here.

My friend however, did try the cIOSCORP part, and it left him with almost exactly what you describe - a wii that wouldn't boot right half the time and wouldn't play discs right (wouldn't load them or loaded them then hung in game). It was a pain to get it working right again, since he didn't have a NAND Dump for bootmii, just bootmii w/o a dump...

Not sure why cIOSCORP+4.0=practically bricked wii, especially when many people report success with it on 4.0, but the solution he used was what nabster92 suggested.

So as for your question:
    Try Corp on 3.2 and see if the issues return. If so, get a loader instead and be done with it.

If you decide to keep 3.2, and want shop channel access, use WiiSCU to update it - http://wiibrew.org/wiki/WiiSCU

5. zant
    OP

Member zant GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Yes i have tried cioscorp on 3.2, and this issue does not happen. Its a 4.0 specific thing. The reason why i need 4.0 is that I have too many VC games from the shop channel, and cannot fit them all on my wii memory. Im glad to hear that others have this issue, and that im not the only one. Time for a new cioscorp based off cios38rev13? Is there another disc channel loading type other than cioscorp though? And what is the best backup loading channel available for multi region games (a link would be great)

6. zant
    OP

Member zant GBAtemp Fan

United States
    ok i just updated to 4.0 with waninkoko updater, and ios60 patcher, and installed preloader. I popped in a backup, disc not found right? rebooted, i find in the disc channel that it says "you must installed the update to use this disc" wtf? how did it read the backup without having cioscorp installed?

7. zant
    OP

Member zant GBAtemp Fan

United States
    ok got the neogamma thing installed. I tried loading metroid prime 2 dark echos. It gets to japanese screen, then disk cannot be read screen. in other words, no better than cioscorp.