Hardware Wii Sync Busted - BluetoothModule?

padooo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's up guys?

I got a little problem with my Wii. My WiiRemotes just won't sync with my console anymore. And I've tried every sync option on the Console Manual, tried to hold the sync button for 15 seconds then sync'ing, pressed both red buttons (on wii and remote) and stuff.

Yesterday I brought my Wii to a friends house to test it, It didnt work with his remotes also AND my remotes seemed to do fine with his Wii, sync'ing normally.

I opened my Wii to check if there was a solder or any kind of wire disconnected but I just got afraid to go further to check the bluetooth module, as you guys might know you gotta get trought a LOT of stuff to reach it (DVD reader, the whole case, and another stuff I don't know the names lol)

I just wanna shre this with you guys. I don't know if any of you got this problem before... If so, share with me how did you overcom this situation, or maybe some tips on how could i fix it.

Thank you!

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If your Bluetooth module was fried, you Wii shouldn't start anymore and just give you a black screen.

Might be an IOS/SystemMenu issue. Did you mod things around in your Wii recently?

padooo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, It was working just fine. I followed the step by step softmodding guide on my Wii and got WiiKey 1.99b installed, I've never got a problem like this before.

I travel with the Wii a lot, so it might be the transportation stuff you know. My Wii was on its box for a month or so now, it was working fine the last time, but when I tried to install it again here at home the Remotes wouldn't sync.

My cellphone detects all WiiRemotes Bluetooth signal but it is not recognizing the Console's signal.

If it might interest you:

3.4U Version
Softmodded via tutorial (cIOS rev 14 I think)
WiiKey Modded
Running wads fine and discs via channel AND Neogamma for NSMB Wii

Also, if it is a IOS issue, what are the IOS's I shoueld install/update to make it work again? Alos, I don't know how I'm going to install them since I ain't got the bootmii installed as boot2, I'd say that if the Wiimotes does not work, my wii is on the smae state as bricked cause you can't do anything on it.

JonthanD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The good news is that if its a bluetooth module they are pretty cheap at a specific chinese web site, not sure if I should post the link or not..... At any rate the current price is $7.43 free shipping and no taxes.

If you want the link just PM me.

Edit: The down side of the web site I am talking about is sometimes there shipping takes like 2 weeks and sometimes its like 2 days so you can never tell when your order is going to arrive.

padooo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, thank you.

But I'd still try any other possibility than changing it... The WiiRemotes still do not sync, neither mine, neither my friends or anyother WiiMote.

Is there any way to work on the wii with the GC controller or stuff?

JonthanD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes a GC stick should work, but a thought occurs to me.

This is probably stupid but its free, have you tried holding down the red sync button next to the SD slot and then pressing the red button on the back of your 1st Wiimote. I think you hold it down like 5 seconds or something. I had something like this happen to me with one of my Wii's and this was the fix.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
padooo said:
3.4U Version
Softmodded via tutorial (cIOS rev 14 I think)
WiiKey Modded
Running wads fine and discs via channel AND Neogamma for NSMB Wii

Also, if it is a IOS issue, what are the IOS's I shoueld install/update to make it work again? Alos, I don't know how I'm going to install them since I ain't got the bootmii installed as boot2, I'd say that if the Wiimotes does not work, my wii is on the smae state as bricked cause you can't do anything on it.
You could try reinstalling SystemMenu 3.4 and IOS50 v4889 with Dop-Mii and using a GC pad to do it.

Problem is, that if you don't have bootmii installed or preloader/priiloader, it might be a bit difficult to launch it without a WiiMote
laugh.gif

A possibility might be an autoboot disc, since you've got a WiiKey, so that should work. I know there are some WAD managers floating around, so you might just trying installing a WAD of IOS50 with that. Dunno if you can do the same with SystemMenu, though.

padooo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@JonthanD

Already did it. Does not work.

As I said before, when I tried to sync my wiimotes on my friends Wii it was REALLY fast, like just pressed the red buttons, -ding*, sync'd.

@raulpica

Is there any tutorial about this raul? Or maybe you could post the way to do it, I NEVER tried using GC controller before or reinstalling the 3.4 system menu. And about autoboot what do you mean by it?

Oh my god, I'm soooo sorry raul, my system is at 3.3 maybe I should try to reinstall the IOS30 v1040? But as I said, I ain't got any ideas on how can I do this without having Wiimotes.

I found this topic here about autoboot discs... http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=123708

Maybe if I build up and auotboot disc into the homebrew channel I could access my wad manager/Dop-Mii and reinstall the determined files you told me. Again, my system is at 3.3, what IOSs might mess with the Wiiremote connections?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm