madclint

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi all,

Please can you help me,

I have a 3.4U softmodded wii, When i go into any of the channels it works 100% photo channel, homebrew channel, disk channel but the problem is that when i press the home button to return to the wii menu my wii switches off, I would like to know if there is a way that i can restore my wii to original settings from the factory, i do have access to another wii from the same region can i run bootmii on it to make a nand backup of it and then back that up to my wii? will it work i have been reading about nand.bin and key.bin and see that there are somepeople who have succesfully done it.

If there is anyone here that can help me with this please please.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you have priiloader? there was a version that turned off the wii sometimes when you didnt want it turned off.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like preloader/priiloader set to load the system menu with ios36. If you have preloader it needs to be removed, it does not support system menu 3.4.

edit: I need to type faster

madclint

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you, but how do I see if preloader is on the system I got it from someone else and don't know if they put it on.

Is there something I can use to check?

Thanks for all your help

madclint

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No it is not showing preloader when I do that.

Would I be able to run a nand backup of another wii from the same region with no mods to it if I have bootmii installed as boot2.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Reinstall your system ios
then
Reinstall your system menu.

See if that fixes your issue.

You can use NUSD with wadmanager, or dop-ios-mod. You can stay at 3.4 or upgrade to 4.1. Just be sure to install the correct system ios, and the correct system menu for your region.

If it was my wii, I would use dop-ios-mod with ios249. Install ios60 with patches, then install system menu 4.1u

harmor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
madclint said:

Would I be able to run a nand backup of another wii from the same region with no mods to it if I have bootmii installed as boot2.

To my knowledge you cannot use someone else's nand backup to restore your Wii.
Each nand has bad blocks in different areas. The oher Wii's backup may have a good block where your nand has a bad block.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Each nand has bad blocks in different areas. The oher Wii's backup may have a good block where your nand has a bad block.
Not only that, but the keys are different. You can use another wii's backup with Betwiin, but it's risky and a PITA to use.

EDIT: Forgot to quote harmor...

steves334

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
harmor said:
madclint said:

To my knowledge you cannot use someone else's nand backup to restore your Wii.

my wii has no bad blocks

madclint

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you i will do the "revirginize wii"

2 things though

1st one......I got hold of the person who's wii it is and he said he had cioscorp 3.6 installed ???
is that the problem maybe.

2nd one...... the revirginize tutorial is to update a wii to 4.2 but i would like it to be on 4.1 is there a way to do it to 4.1???

please help as this is really driving me nuts........

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
madclint said:
Thank you i will do the "revirginize wii"

2 things though

1st one......I got hold of the person who's wii it is and he said he had cioscorp 3.6 installed ???
is that the problem maybe.

2nd one...... the revirginize tutorial is to update a wii to 4.2 but i would like it to be on 4.1 is there a way to do it to 4.1???

please help as this is really driving me nuts........
1) The tutorial will get rid of it

2) Yes you can. Just get an IOS60-64-v6174.wad (instead of v6400) and a system menu 4.1 wad instead of a 4.2 one
wink.gif

madclint

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok perfect thanks for all your help,
A quick question on the system menu ios on the guide to truca patch says uncheck pack wad for system menu ios and in reviginize it says chevk pack wad?

So do I uncheck the pack wad or pack it???

Because I will revirginise but want 4.1 as the guides still remomend it ewhat are your thoughts? 4.1 or 4.2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.