wii support code 73412

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by poseoff, Sep 22, 2007.

Sep 22, 2007

wii support code 73412 by poseoff at 5:01 AM (6,757 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. poseoff
    OP

Newcomer poseoff Member

I was wondering if anyone could give some advice or help

I purchased a Wii and upgraded to 3.0u as soon as it was available.
    I then got my Wii chipped with Wiikey about a month or so later and following the advice of the scene i turned off Connect 24 and all that internet connectivity.
    So today I set up a new wireless network in my house. i delete my old settings and decided to associate my Wii with my new router for future purposes.
    However, after doing so i get
    " The connection test was successful. Perform a Wii system update now? wii support code 73412 (Yes) (No)"
    So i click yes for curiosities sake, and lo and behold i get the warning about moddifed consoles being inoperable which i remember i did not get before, and there's update ready to be downloaded or so it seems.

does anyone here have the foggiest idea, what on earth is going on? i
    Ive tried searching haven't found anything so far

2. LordWill072284

Member LordWill072284 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    hey bud, yeh the update is just after the 3.0, it warns you if you have any "technical modifications" there isn't any update out, unless you have used the new games. i.e metroid/boogie, then it updates a lil bit, but nothing extreme...so still 3.0, for me, don't know if your pal. but yeh, no worries for ya bud, hit yes, and it should say no updates...it'll continue to say that for now on. the big N wants to scare ppl. hope this helps.

3. poseoff
    OP

Newcomer poseoff Member

Thanks for the swift reply. I've got an NTSC Wii and a legit copy of Boogie os I'll pop it in get minor update over with, Thanks for the info!

4. poseoff
    OP

Newcomer poseoff Member

i performed the upgrade and I've been told i now have parental control. i never really took note before so I'm unsure [​IMG] whether it was there before. can anyone confirm this for me. Nintys got me para [​IMG] , lol