(Wii) Super Sentai Battle Ranger Cross

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by LightyKD, Jun 14, 2011.

Jun 14, 2011
  1. LightyKD
    OP

Member LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

United States
    Source:

http://www.andriasang.com/e/galleries/2011...sentai_screens/

In comparison to Power Rangers Samurai for the Wii and DS this game looks to be more like Teen Titans and X-Man Legends when it comes to multiplayer gameplay. Honestly both games don't have a "wow" factor when it comes to graphics but then again, if you follow the shows, both Power Rangers and Super Sentai need to budget strictly this year. Saban is trying to bring back the Power Rangers brand this year so obviously that company is running on limited resources while Toei has a lot of alumni actors to pay off and suits to pay for this year (Gokaiger is a 35th anniversary show).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SamAsh07

Member SamAsh07 GBAtemp Addict

Bahrain
    Lololool for a sec there, I read it as Super Hentai Battle Ranger Cross, and was like "Wooo a Battle Raper for Wii"...what is this .-. meh...

3. LightyKD
    OP

United States
    *giggle* I'm not so sure a "hentai" game of any kind on the Wii would be so publicized. ESPECIALLY here in the States [​IMG] Hell, parents had a $#!+ fit here because of Manhunt 2 -_-' . Still I cant wait for THIS game! [​IMG] The only thing that bugs me is the lack of five player support. Seriously, the Wii has "eight" player slots, when you include the GameCube controllers, I don't see why they cant have five players. Hell, most teams of Rangers stop at 6 and even SmackDown vs Raw on PS2 supports 6 players. Lazyness! I would love to have a full team of Rangers playing with me! They could even sell multi colored controllers and make a ton of money!

4. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    Sentai is *NOT* Power Rangers. The only thing that links the two franchises is the stock footage that was bought by Saban as they were filming Power Rangers, the plotline is completely different.

Actually, saying "is not" isn't even right - it should be "are not". There were many Sentai series that had completely unrelated storylines. It was Saban who merged them all into a fairly consistent whole.

The Wii has 4 player slots. Putting a Gamecube controller in SLOT-1 disables the first WiiMote slot and vice-versa as far as I remember.

5. jargus

Member jargus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I remember this a few months back. Now I know when to expect it. Might want to add the date to the OP

6. LightyKD
    OP

United States
    First off I know Sentai is not Power Rangers but in both shows the heroes are called "rangers" hence the reason I called the games Ranger games. Secondly, the Wii has EIGHT plaĆ½er slots. There are a few turbografix 16 and wii games that let you play with more than four controlers. The reason Wii remotes are locked for certain games is for the sake of not having player confusion. It is very possible to have a six player game. Again, it boils down to lazy developer syndrome.

7. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    Weird... I've never-ever heard about any Wii game that uses more than 4 player slots at a time. I'll investigate that, in the meantime, I say "you may be right".

Also, I wasn't "mean" about the Ranger stuff, I was just educating the masses. No harm intended - chill. [​IMG]

8. CyborGamer

Member CyborGamer GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Been thinking about this when I saw that last Power Ranger topic. I'm looking forward to this one, hopefully the co-op's good. I totally agree, they should make it a 5 player game! When it comes down to games, it really is "the more the merrier" in my opinion. Even local 4 player games are rare enough on any console, it feels so wasted. I mean, for me the point of a console is to be able to play multiplayer games together. Why else is there need for controllers?

You should check out Bomberman Blast on Wiiware, highly recommended for 8 player parties. [​IMG]

9. LightyKD
    OP

United States
    It's all good. I had a feeling you were not trying to be mean [​IMG] BTW ALL of Power Rangers is now officially available on Netflix. -VR Troopers and Bettleborgs included! [​IMG] With that said, I REALLY wish Saban would kill off that MMPRv2 (Mighty Morphin Power Rangers version 2) crap Disney made last year. It wasn't even a whole season and was a total degradation of a classic show. I actually love the Disney seasons of Power Rangers BUT that "season" (and I hate using season to describe it) was just a total slap in the face.