Wii suddenly stopped recognising SD card

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by markmcrobie, Dec 11, 2011.

1. markmcrobie
    OP

markmcrobie GBAtemp Fan

May 24, 2008
    I was using my softmodded Wii today, as I always do, and everything was fine. I removed the SD card so I could update my CIOS as I was gonna install Zelda Skyward Sword. When i put the SD card back in and went to Homebrew Channel, there was nothing there, just bubbles going up, no icons for my apps. I removed the card and re-inserted, no luck.

I went back to my Wii menu and tried USB Loader GX, it just got as far as it's splash screen then rebooted. I tried formatting the SD card and adding the files back on, no luck. I tried a different SD card, still no luck.

Using the original SD again, I tried inserting it then holding it in, pressing harder, etc, and Homebrew Channel started showing a circle moving round, but no icons appear. I tried this a few times, and eventually my icons in Homebrew Channel showed up, but if I try to launch any of them, Homebrew channel just says "Launching WAD Manager" or "Launching USB Loader GX" for example, and "0%" and just stays like that forever.

Any idea what's going on?

Thanks

2. JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    Press 1 and see if the SD option is grayed out.

3. SamAsh07

SamAsh07 GBAtemp Addict

Jan 27, 2009
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Bahrain
    Try the most obvious test, put the SD card in your computer/laptop or w/e and see if it works, might be corrupted, if it does work then try this - blow on your SD Card and re-insert it firmly, not with force.