EnigmaXtreme

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Due to a request from a fan with regards to the Wii 2 rumor brewing in the corner, we researched about the Project Butterfly that went afloat but found nothing. The next Nintendo Console is becoming the talk of the town. We googled up the word and not much result came out. This means that the Wii 2 is far from reality and is built up basically from rumors. To give everyone the latest Wii 2 Rumors we had them compiled and enumerated below.

Blu-ray compatibility is being thought to join the Wii 2 feature, A projector feature is also being thought to be one thing the Wii 2 will soon boast off. But mostly the Wii 2 might come in the form of the Project Butterfly, which is possible to be the next Nintendo console. NGamer, has shared in its latest issue that Project Butterfly is the codename for the Next Nintendo Console. This new console is planned to be something that last for LIFE. Instead of buying a new console every year a new generation comes up, all you need to do is buy a new component and just upgrades it. Lets get a closer look on what this Project Butterfly really is.

Nintendo’s Next Console is still far from launching, there has been no news about Project Butterfly, except for talks in most forums. At the Nintendo Media Summit in February this year Nintendo America’s Executive Vice President Sales and Marketing, Cammie Dunaway, confirmed that the company is starting to work on a new hardware as soon as a platform is launched. She also further hosed down speculation of an imminent Wii replacement saying she didn’t think there will be new hardware “anytime soon.” Comparing the sales of the Wii to the PS2 she said that, even though the Wii had outsold the PS2 compared to the same point in its lifecycle, it was still some way off reaching the overall total sales of the PS2, which indicated the current Wii “still has a lot of room to grow. Could this new platform be the Project Butterfly?

http://3anime.com/wii-2-rumors-project-but...xt-console/3827

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Since when were rumours considered 'news'?
EDIT: Just to be clear, not saying you're the only one that does it, but just wondering why you felt this was news-worthy.

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oh here we go, that Cammie paragraph was taken directly from this source here. Which was dated in 2010. So obviously this whole 'news' is a little shady. Also they don't even list any sources, nor the article they plagiarised.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"A projector feature"

Either this means they stuck a VGA port on it (very welcome if so- one of my favourite features about the 360 that is) or if I allow a tiny sliver of optimism they might be aiming for a polarised/dual projector setup aka one of the better ways to do 3d/stereoscopy.

As for upgradable ignoring the recent PS3/360 motion controller stuff (which is subject to serious debate anyway) I can not shake the attempts of sega and to some extents nintendo (thinking FDS or possibly the N64DD) in years past. On the other hand the amiga did OK (would be amiga fans yes I am accusing it of being a games console) with this sort of thing and the handhelds have a bit in this way (thinking GBC and DSi).

Edit forgot to mention- is it not time for the annual "what would a unified console games hardware model look like" discussion?

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Instead of buying a new console every year a new generation comes up, all you need to do is buy a new component and just upgrades it. Lets get a closer look on what this Project Butterfly really is.

Almost unsupported advice, let's remember:

n64 memory expansion
wii motion plus

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To me, blu-ray support is a given. It's the current disc standard, and for Nintendo to continue using dvds all the way in 2011/2012 would be archaic. The projector idea sounds a bit iffy, but strange/cool ideas are to be expected with Nintendo, so who knows.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Consumers won't want to have to buy extra parts to make their console games work. System requirements on consoles are bad ideas. Course it will be a case of Nintendo selling these upgrades though rather than a million different options. I dunno, still don't think it will go down well.

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tonitonichopchop said:
To me, blu-ray support is a given. It's the current disc standard, and for Nintendo to continue using dvds all the way in 2011/2012 would be archaic. The projector idea sounds a bit iffy, but strange/cool ideas are to be expected with Nintendo, so who knows.
Microsoft still are.

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
antwill said:
Tonitonichopchop said:
Microsoft still are.

The 360 uses dvd-dl and the console came out years ago anyway.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Tonitonichopchop said:

Don't you know the reason Microsoft and Nintendo don't use Blu-ray is because it's a SONY tech?
And nintendo is'nt using DVD to begin with, they are Wii optical discs and have a different capacity than DVD's.
That's the reason you can't find any DVD logo's on nintendo stuff.
It all has to to with intellectual rights and the money they have to pay in order to even use it/ carry the logo's.

Get up to date.
Blu ray will not happen. But maybe a different kind of media will that has almost the same specs.

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tonitonichopchop said:
antwill said:
Tonitonichopchop said:
Microsoft still are.

So? Surely they could have updated with the release of the slim, blu-ray drives are backwards compatible after all.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tonitonichopchop said:
antwill said:
Tonitonichopchop said:
Microsoft still are.

Well the Wii uses dvd-dl and dvd-r and it also came out rears ago.
That, and the PS3 came out around the same time, and it's the only current gen console that supports it, likely due to Sony and Blu-Ray's relationship.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Don't you know the reason Microsoft and Nintendo don't use Blu-ray is because it's a SONY tech?
And nintendo is'nt using DVD to begin with, they are Wii optical discs and have a different capacity than DVD's.
It all has to to with intellectual rights and the money they have to pay in order to even use it/ carry the logo's.

Get up to date.
Blu ray will not happen. But maybe a different kind of media will that has almost the same specs

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Tonitonichopchop said:
antwill said:
Tonitonichopchop said:
Microsoft still are.

Well the Wii uses dvd-dl and dvd-r and it also came out rears ago.
That, and the PS3 came out around the same time, and it's the only current gen console that supports it, likely due to Sony and Blu-Ray's relationship.

I'll give you that, but my point was that both the 360 and the wii came out years ago. If Microsoft released a new console, it won't use any kind of dvd (Unless it's an incremental update of the 360).
QUOTE(Hielkenator @ Apr 12 2011, 01:39 PM)

Get up to date.
Blu ray will not happen. But maybe a different kind of media will that has almost the same specs

Actually, LG owns Blu-ray, not Sony.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hielkenator said:

Get up to date.
I would agree that Blu-Ray wont happen. but different kind of media.. cartridges? I am sure Cartridges would cost a lot more. But Sticking to DVD-DL for the next gen is not such a good idea. Look at all the 360 games. Some games up to 4 Disc
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: im going off now...I'll turn off my brain