wii successor controller concept mockups

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by T3GZdev, Apr 27, 2011.

Apr 27, 2011
  1. T3GZdev
    OP

Member T3GZdev head of T3GZdev

United States
    hi t3 here, you guys probably know me from t3-games, & sanddbox engine, i do the ds & dsi gamedev bla bla stuff, but im also into coming up with game consoles not only do i want ot become a game desighner but also makign consoles one day, i have a stack of console desighns im waiting to put to the test but for now keeping in a zip [​IMG] , but for now i see everyones excited about the wiis successor, & making concepts of the controller. so i thought id give it a try.

for one everyones sayign the controller will have a screen, im not 100% sure if they should do that but i wouldnt complain if they did. i see alot of cool ideas when adding a screen into a controller.

the picture below isnt my concept but i think its the best lookign one for now. its by some nicholas ringhiser guy.
    found here.source
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

i have used his design as a refrence as to what it should look like if that desighn is used.
    it was kinda a rush job but yea gets the idea out.

i have also done 3d renders but there not finished, but for now they show how the screen would slide.

tomorrow well actually today around maby 12 im gonna upload another pic so check in for the update.

oh yea feel free to post your mockups here on this tread. [​IMG]

UPDate: heres my final mock up of the classic controller for the console.
    [​IMG]
    also looking at those desighns, what if nintendo used like a sidekick desighn, with the circle pads behind the screen.

2. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    I'm not good at creating my own pictures from scratch (I usually copy/modify someone else's) but from the 'reports' I've read on the internet it seems like there's MAY be 2 types of controllers supplied with the Wii2

One is 'similar to the existing Wii controllers' while the other is a '6-inch screen with buttons down the sides'.... There's is also rumours that the 3DS can also be used as a controller

So until I decide to make my own mockup these pictures are close to what I think the controllers may look like (the 6-inch screen IMHO may be misleading)

Nuchuk replacement
    main controller with screen

3. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    (From the linked article)
    Wow. I must say I never started rumours before, but I must say I feel kinda good about it. Now if only nintendo actually uses it, then I can cash in on them stealing my idea. [​IMG]
    (probably along with a few dozen others who vented the same idea on the internet).

4. SinHarvest24

Member SinHarvest24 Shiroyasha

Trinidad and Tobago
    Your main is by far one of the best mock ups i've seen thus far.