head of T3GZdev
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
hi t3 here, you guys probably know me from t3-games, & sanddbox engine, i do the ds & dsi gamedev bla bla stuff, but im also into coming up with game consoles not only do i want ot become a game desighner but also makign consoles one day, i have a stack of console desighns im waiting to put to the test but for now keeping in a zip
ninja.gif
, but for now i see everyones excited about the wiis successor, & making concepts of the controller. so i thought id give it a try.

for one everyones sayign the controller will have a screen, im not 100% sure if they should do that but i wouldnt complain if they did. i see alot of cool ideas when adding a screen into a controller.

the picture below isnt my concept but i think its the best lookign one for now. its by some nicholas ringhiser guy.
found here.source
medium_nicholas-ringhiser.jpg

i have used his design as a refrence as to what it should look like if that desighn is used.
it was kinda a rush job but yea gets the idea out.
nicholas-ringhiser-edit.png

the screen instead of just being in the center of the controller the whole time, it would slide up from the back of the controller.

i have also done 3d renders but there not finished, but for now they show how the screen would slide.
lol no buttons yet
grog.gif

0001.jpg
0005.jpg

as for the console i was bored, it looks kinda like a black wii but with a bulge at the back because of built in hdd & theres more leds at front.
0001.jpg
0002.jpg
0003.jpg
0004.jpg
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_dSgNtwBq...lM6X8U/0018.jpg

tomorrow well actually today around maby 12 im gonna upload another pic so check in for the update.

oh yea feel free to post your mockups here on this tread.
grog.gif

UPDate: heres my final mock up of the classic controller for the console.
0005edit.jpg

also looking at those desighns, what if nintendo used like a sidekick desighn, with the circle pads behind the screen.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I'm not good at creating my own pictures from scratch (I usually copy/modify someone else's) but from the 'reports' I've read on the internet it seems like there's MAY be 2 types of controllers supplied with the Wii2

One is 'similar to the existing Wii controllers' while the other is a '6-inch screen with buttons down the sides'.... There's is also rumours that the 3DS can also be used as a controller

So until I decide to make my own mockup these pictures are close to what I think the controllers may look like (the 6-inch screen IMHO may be misleading)

Wii-2-Remote-Assures-A-Lot-More-Fun1.jpg
wii2-controller-mk-1-2.jpg

or maybe something like
9699-1.jpg

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
(From the linked article)
QUOTE said:
One, by Nicholas Ringhiser, because his touch-screen controller design looks very much like something Nintendo would actually release.
Erm...because it looks like a 3DS with the top screen ripped off?

I'm amazed how fast this "controller with screen" meme goes. If you picture google "wii 2 controller" or even "wii 2 mock up", you'll see dozens of pics where peeps 'shopped a (touch)screen on a controller. Boy...you'd almost believe it.

QUOTEThere's is also rumours that the 3DS can also be used as a controller
Wow. I must say I never started rumours before, but I must say I feel kinda good about it. Now if only nintendo actually uses it, then I can cash in on them stealing my idea.
cool.gif

(probably along with a few dozen others who vented the same idea on the internet).

SinHarvest24

Shiroyasha
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chad
CannonFoddr said:
I'm not good at creating my own pictures from scratch (I usually copy/modify someone else's) but from the 'reports' I've read on the internet it seems like there's MAY be 2 types of controllers supplied with the Wii2

One is 'similar to the existing Wii controllers' while the other is a '6-inch screen with buttons down the sides'.... There's is also rumours that the 3DS can also be used as a controller

So until I decide to make my own mockup these pictures are close to what I think the controllers may look like (the 6-inch screen IMHO may be misleading)

Wii-2-Remote-Assures-A-Lot-More-Fun1.jpg
wii2-controller-mk-1-2.jpg

or maybe something like
9699-1.jpg
Your main is by far one of the best mock ups i've seen thus far.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2: