Hardware Wii stuff Need to be updated, i've been in the hospital...

Edwii

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
so, i have been in the hospital for a 5months+ almost died(motorcycle crash) but any ways my wii was out of date before then and even more so now, so my wii's firmware hasnt been updated since before last years Octobers updates(i think my wii is firmware is 3.1 or 3.2), so i dont know:
what and how to update my wii to play all the latest games, and perhaps what big new hacks have we access to now?

so if any one is willing to take a little time to guide me to best way of getting things going again, i would be very thankful

if any one feels the need to post "search the forums" please note i know i have that option, its just a little over whelming for me at this time since i haven't been interacting with technology in a long time, not to mention im trying to peice my life back together with what little i have left, i am simply asking this as a favor.

Thanks for your time.

a little proof of what happened to just my pelvis
6129_142783747200_687137200_2970880_8132280_n.jpg

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Are you planning on using anything like a USB loader or are you simply going to stick with using the wiikey. If so, it would be best to just update the wii using nintendo's official update as it will not affect the chip in any way. Sorry if this is not very comprehensive but I need more information. If you could answer these questions, it would be much easier.
- Do you have the homebrew channel installed?
- Do you make use of Trucha disks?
- What way have you hacked it appart from a mod-chip?

Edwii

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
the usb loader dose sound very interesting so long as i do not have to do any more hardware mods
i believe i used Trucha once or twice but i cant remember why...
i cant remember installing the home brew channel tho i was planning to.
the only other hacks i remember doing was installing other .wad files on it such as games and an a snes emulator
(i still wan to clean up the fake wad files(and tickets, how to remove?) off the system, i am still paranoid about going online with it.)

and thanks for responding

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
For the USBloader, all you need is an external hard drive. Simply aquire one, follow the guide and you should be able to play games off it. Here is a good guide and I would suggest using the Configurable USB loader.
As for celeaning your system, dont worry about it. Nintendo can do nothing to ban your console from online play in any way, shape or form. When you wish to get rid of the console, simply do an official update and that should remove most of the suspcious files.
I would also suggest you do an upgrade to 4.2 firmware following this guide.

Edwii

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ah thank you, very helpful, i'll let u know how things work out when i get the chance to set iy up again when my room is repainted. thank you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you doing @K3Nv2