Gaming Wii stuck at health and safety screen, no option to press "A"

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a solderless chip, goes in between the PCB board and DVD drive via ribbon cables
Ahh, I was wondering why anybody uses mod chips in this day in age, especially because the wii you have can read burnt discs without a modchip, it just cant read 2 layered discs

Tigermean74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That might be harder, but can be accomplished using betwiin or the newer punetwiin (sp?)

ModMii will have an update soon-ish, in the meantime Google for wii(dot)guide priiloader
Ok, I tried IOS249 still no joy!

I then tried to uninstall the System Menu and an interesting message came up! "Aborted for Wii's Safety!" Have you ever seen this before??

Is this locked down somehow and cannot be re-written?

Could a corrupted or bad NAND cause all of this?

Oh, and I tried the black screen hack...all disabled

Tigermean74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, I was going through Wii Mod Lite again and was going through the different options for the IOS's. When I chose IOS236, I can see that NAND permissions is "Yes" but shouldn't the /dev/flash (Flash Access) also say yes in order to actually write the System Menu to it?. Also Trucha Bug says "No" but on my sysCheck log file says "Trucha Bug" And AHBPROT is disabled

Attachments

• 20201016_204726.jpg
    20201016_204726.jpg
    878 KB · Views: 175

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Ok, I tried IOS249 still no joy!

I then tried to uninstall the System Menu and an interesting message came up! "Aborted for Wii's Safety!" Have you ever seen this before??

Is this locked down somehow and cannot be re-written?

Could a corrupted or bad NAND cause all of this?

Oh, and I tried the black screen hack...all disabled
What wad manager? This is expected behavior from yawmm as it has additional brick protection built in (remember I said this could be dangerous for ppl in other situations). I'm not sure about wii mod lite, but mmm should permit this as long as u have a cios loaded.

Reactions: jeannotte

Tigermean74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What wad manager? This is expected behavior from yawmm as it has additional brick protection built in (remember I said this could be dangerous for ppl in other situations). I'm not sure about wii mod lite, but mmm should permit this as long as u have a cios loaded.
message came up! "Aborted for Wii's Safety!" This was MMM

I also tried WiiMod Lite and YAWMM, neither of them would let me uninstall the SM

Last edited by Tigermean74,

Tigermean74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Very strange, see if u can uninstall a different system menu wad? U can uninstall your system menu using any system menu IOS wad. But at this point I'd be considering ohneschwanzenegger
Yeah, i'm just going to try the ohneschwanzenegger option

I will let you know

Thanks again :-)

Tigermean74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Ok, I tried the ohneschwanzenegger method and that worked perfectly!! :-) I guess it was a corrupted NAND?

Thank you very much to all of you for your help and advice, it took a long while to get this sorted but i'm glad I never gave up. Lesson truly learnt about having brick protection on any modded device and to always backup your NAND!

Now to restore my game saves
Install Bootmii 2
Install HB channel
And BACKUP the NAND!! and keep it in a safe place

Do I really need to install Priloader as well?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I suggest u use modmii again. U don't necessarily NEED priiloader since u have bootmii as boot2, but some of its system menu hacks are nice, like blocking updates, etc. And if u want to autoboot into another app directly instead of the system menu or the hbc u can do so only with priiloader

Tigermean74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I suggest u use modmii again. U don't necessarily NEED priiloader since u have bootmii as boot2, but some of its system menu hacks are nice, like blocking updates, etc. And if u want to autoboot into another app directly instead of the system menu or the hbc u can do so only with priiloader
Ok, I ran sysCheck and used Modmii and got the following output. I take it I have to now install what is required here?

Do I backup my NAND first at this point before doing this or once everything is patched then do the NAND backup?

Thanks

Attachments

• Modmii.jpg
    Modmii.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 105

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: