XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Then you can skip it, but remember, if u reinstall a system menu, u need to reinstall priiloader afterwards

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just double checked, and modmii would only recommend priiloader if it's not installed at all or if you are also updating the system menu (I. E. Syscheck and modmii isn't looking at the version currently installed, just if any version is installed). If you post your syscheck log and share it with us I can confirm, but I doubt it says "priiloader installed" anywhere.

If u had it installed, you may have lost it during your failed attempt to install a new system menu

Last edited by XFlak,

Tigermean74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, I followed the recommended guide and installed the various IOS and CIOS recommended by Modmii.

I don't know if this is worse now because I get a black screen at startup now instead of the health and safety screen

Do I need to re-install the system menu now?

Then you can skip it, but remember, if u reinstall a system menu, u need to reinstall priiloader afterwards

I just double checked, and modmii would only recommend priiloader if it's not installed at all or if you are also updating the system menu (I. E. Syscheck and modmii isn't looking at the version currently installed, just if any version is installed). If you post your syscheck log and share it with us I can confirm, but I doubt it says "priiloader installed" anywhere.

If u had it installed, you may have lost it during your failed attempt to install a new system menu
Hi XFlak,

Yes, you are right...yesterday when I posted my Syscheck log file here I didn't have Priiloader installed. I do have it installed now though - 0.9 version

TheTechRobo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
thetechrobo.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, I followed the recommended guide and installed the various IOS and CIOS recommended by Modmii.

I don't know if this is worse now because I get a black screen at startup now instead of the health and safety screen

Do I need to re-install the system menu now?
yes, the black screen is because it has nothing to load (i think)

Tigermean74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yes, the black screen is because it has nothing to load (i think)
Thank you....I thought so!

Well, i'm really stuck now because I cannot install the system menu, it just freezes at "content 2/9" same as before. I even tried changing the IOS to IOS80 in MMM as this is supposed to be for System Menu 4.3 right? Still no joy.

Further help please...anybody?

Thanks

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
How r u accessing the hbc and mmm currently if the system menu is giving u a blackscreen?

As I think someone suggested earlier, try using yawmm (or wii mod lite, but beware of the bug after installing wads and hitting the back button) instead of mmm.

In any wad manager you use, if asked to load an ios, try 236 (assuming u successfully installed it using modmii's syscheck updater wizard). Other IOSs in the 200's might work too but without seeing your syscheck it's hard to determine if u have a cios installed to slot 249. Modmii is suggesting you install cios 249 d2x v8 final, but that doesn't tell me if you have a different cios installed, or if it's missing entirely/stubbed... a lot of guesswork based on the limited information that has been shared.

TBH I'm having a hard time following what you are doing. U didn't post a Syscheck, so I'm inferring what is installed on your console based on the screenshot showing modmii analysis of your syscheck. And it's not clear if u actually followed modmii's syscheck wizard... we can do a better job helping u if u give us a clear picture of your situation (ideally in one post, so we don't need to read through the whole thread to piece together your situation)

Last edited by XFlak,
Reactions: jeannotte

Tigermean74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How r u accessing the hbc and mmm currently if the system menu is giving u a blackscreen?

As I think someone suggested earlier, try using yawmm (or wii mod lite, but beware of the bug after installing wads and hitting the back button) instead of mmm.

In any wad manager you use, if asked to load an ios, try 236 (assuming u successfully installed it using modmii's syscheck updater wizard). Other IOSs in the 200's might work too but without seeing your syscheck it's hard to determine if u have a cios installed to slot 249. Modmii is suggesting you install cios 249 d2x v8 final, but that doesn't tell me if you have an older cios installed, or if it's missing entirely... a lot of guesswork based on the limited information that has been shared.

TBH I'm having a hard time following what you are doing. U didn't post a Syscheck, so I'm inferring what is installed on your console based on the screenshot showing modmii analysis of your syscheck. And it's not clear if u actually followed modmii's syscheck wizard... we can do a better job helping u if u give us a clear picture of your situation (ideally in one post, so we don't need to read through the whole thread to piece together your situation)

Hi, I am accessing the HBC and MMM through Bootmii

Ok, the first option was IOS 236 which it chose by default, I tried IOS80 just to see if that would work. I previously used YAWMM and Wii Mod Lite but that was before I used Modmii to patch. I will try them again on IOS 236

"try 236 (assuming u successfully installed it using modmii's syscheck updater wizard)" Yes this successfully installed and it now says "IOS236[36] (rev 65535, Info: rev 3351): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access"

Here is my sysCheck:
SysCheck HDE v2.4.0 HacksDen Edition by JoostinOnline, Double_A, R2-D2199, and Nano
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: PAL
System Menu 4.3E (v514)
Priiloader installed
Drive date: 07.14.2008
Homebrew Channel 1.1.2 running on IOS58

Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 56080710
Console Type: Wii
Shop Channel Country: United Kingdom (110)
Boot2 v4
Found 134 titles.
Found 50 IOS on this console. 5 of them are stubs.

IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS40 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS52 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS52 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS62 (rev 6430): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS80 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS202[60] (rev 65535, Info: hermesrodries-v6): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS222[38] (rev 4, Info: hermes-v4): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS223[38+37] (rev 4, Info: hermes-v4): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS224[57] (rev 65535, Info: hermesrodries-v6): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS236[36] (rev 65535, Info: rev 3351): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS249[57] (rev 21008, Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250[56] (rev 21008, Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65280): Stub
BC v6
MIOS v10
Report generated on 02/12/2010.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Double check u didn't enable the blackscreen priiloader hack. Syscheck looks solid. If the problem isn't the priiloader hack, then reinstalling the system menu (and priiloader again after) is the right direction. If u have a nand backup from before the issue began, u can restore it then conduct a Syscheck update wizard again instead

The good news is that with bootmii installed as boot2, u don't need to worry about fully bricking

Tigermean74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Double check u didn't enable the blackscreen priiloader hack. Syscheck looks solid. If the problem isn't the priiloader hack, then reinstalling the system menu (and priiloader again after) is the right direction. If u have a nand backup from before the issue began, u can restore it then conduct a Syscheck update wizard again instead

The good news is that with bootmii installed as boot2, u don't need to worry about fully bricking
Ok, I will check the "enable blackscreen" on priiloader

"Syscheck looks solid" Thats good news! :-)

"reinstalling the system menu (and priiloader again after) is the right direction" I will try doing this again

"If u have a nand backup from before the issue began". That's the whole problem, didn't have a NAND backup in the first place!! Lesson truly learnt though!

"The good news is that with bootmii installed as boot2, u don't need to worry about fully bricking" That is very good news! :-)

These are the files that Modmii asked me to install....see attached. 1 of them is the cios 249 d2x v8 final

Thank you once again for your help

Attachments

• Files.jpg
    Files.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 60

Tigermean74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, I tried both YAWMM and Wii Mod Lite and still didn't work.

I also tried to locate the "enable the blackscreen priiloader hack" but when I click on "System Menu Hacks" I get this screen...see attached

Attachments

• 20201016_181320.jpg
    20201016_181320.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 60

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Ok, I will check the "enable blackscreen" on priiloader

"Syscheck looks solid" Thats good news! :-)

"reinstalling the system menu (and priiloader again after) is the right direction" I will try doing this again

"If u have a nand backup from before the issue began". That's the whole problem, didn't have a NAND backup in the first place!! Lesson truly learnt though!

"The good news is that with bootmii installed as boot2, u don't need to worry about fully bricking" That is very good news! :-)

These are the files that Modmii asked me to install....see attached. 1 of them is the cios 249 d2x v8 final

Thank you once again for your help
U already installed those according to your syscheck

There is another potential solution. You can build a virgin nand dump using giantpune's ohneschwanzenegger tool. You will need to supply it with your wii's keys, and when it's finished u will need to restore the dump using bootmii and resoftmod from square one, but if for some reason the simpler method of reinstalling the system menu doesn't work then you can do this.

Heres a link to ohneschwanzenegger

https://wiibrew.org/wiki/Ohneschwanzenegger

I would make a new nand dump before using this tool just in case

Ok, I tried both YAWMM and Wii Mod Lite and still didn't work.

I also tried to locate the "enable the blackscreen priiloader hack" but when I click on "System Menu Hacks" I get this screen...see attached
What ios do u have loaded when using the wad managers?

Regarding priiloader hacks, save the hacks_hash.ini file that comes with priiloader v0.9 to the directory specified in the screenshot and try again

Tigermean74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
U already installed those according to your syscheck

There is another potential solution. You can build a virgin nand dump using giantpune's ohneschwanzenegger tool. You will need to supply it with your wii's keys, and when it's finished u will need to restore the dump using bootmii and resoftmod from square one, but if for some reason the simpler method of reinstalling the system menu doesn't work then you can do this.

Heres a link to ohneschwanzenegger

https://wiibrew.org/wiki/Ohneschwanzenegger

I would make a new nand dump before using this tool just in case

What ios do u have loaded when using the wad managers?

Regarding priiloader hacks, save the hacks_hash.ini file that comes with priiloader v0.9 to the directory specified in the screenshot and try again
IOS236

Ok, will try the hacks_hash.ini file again

Thanks

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Also try loading IOS249 and using that to install the SM. Maybe you'll have more luck, but 236 should work

The other thing u could try, and this would be dangerous if u didn't have bootmii installed as boot2 (so anyone else reading this years from now, maybe don't try this), you can try uninstalling the system menu wad, then try installing it (and reinstall priiloader after)

Last edited by XFlak,

Tigermean74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Also try loading IOS249 and using that to install the SM. Maybe you'll have more luck, but 236 should work

The other thing u could try, and this would be dangerous if u didn't have bootmii installed as boot2 (so anyone else reading this years from now, maybe don't try this), you can try uninstalling the system menu wad, then try installing it (and reinstall priiloader after)
Ok, will try IOS249 now, then I will try the uninstall and re-install method....nervously!! ha ha

If all else fails - My brother also has a Wii with a drivekey chip installed with the latest 4.3E version which works fine. Would it be easier to take a NAND dump from his and change my ID and keys to match mine and re-install that way?

Tigermean74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
if the above and hacks_hash don't fix your issue, use ohneschwanzenegger. I've never personally used it but my good buddy DeadlyFoez has, and I know it should work in your situation
Ok, I will follow your instructions...

Regarding the hacks_hash.ini file that comes with priiloader v0.9 - I just checked the zip/folder and it doesn't have this file

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Ok, will try IOS249 now, then I will try the uninstall and re-install method....nervously!! ha ha

If all else fails - My brother also has a Wii with a drivekey chip installed with the latest 4.3E version which works fine. Would it be easier to take a NAND dump from his and change my ID and keys to match mine and re-install that way?
That might be harder, but can be accomplished using betwiin or the newer punetwiin (sp?)

Ok, I will follow your instructions...

Regarding the hacks_hash.ini file that comes with priiloader v0.9 - I just checked the zip/folder and it doesn't have this file
ModMii will have an update soon-ish, in the meantime Google for wii(dot)guide priiloader

Last edited by XFlak,

Tigermean74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That might be harder, but can be accomplished using betwiin or the newer punetwiin (sp?)

ModMii will have an update soon-ish, in the meantime Google for wii(dot)guide priiloader
No problem, got it now

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when installing your modchip, did you do a good job soldering, also, did you make sure to clean up and check for loose solder balls?

TheTechRobo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
thetechrobo.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you....I thought so!

Well, i'm really stuck now because I cannot install the system menu, it just freezes at "content 2/9" same as before. I even tried changing the IOS to IOS80 in MMM as this is supposed to be for System Menu 4.3 right? Still no joy.

Further help please...anybody?

Thanks
I'm not sure if there's much more we can do then. As was said earlier, most likely NAND corruption. Best way to go? Get a new one (unless there's a new way to recover a dead NAND). Used ones on ebay can be pretty cheap. know that most scammers try to pass consoles off as expensive brand new ones, so if you get a used one for twenty bucks you're not really at risk. and then you've got the ebay money-back guarantee.

Wait for some more advice, then if you still can't fix it get a new one. Sorry that I can't help you more.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't see the new posts. I reloaded but my browser cache must've kicked in. Disregard this message.

Last edited by TheTechRobo,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans