The King of the Cosmos
OP
Trophies
Website
pachimod.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Today , Google has released Wii Street U in the wii u shop. Free for a "limited time". It is basically google maps for the wii u. It allows you to look around by moving the wii u controller around.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol at any one that buys it

I bet the service will do exactly what the Wii Opera service did, free at first, charge for a while, then permanently give it free again. I don't know why they ever charged for it, just as I can't imagine why they'd ever charge for this service.

All that aside, its a pretty neat looking app, I don't really know what use it would serve, but its cool looking. I like the idea of taking what they do here and using it in a racing game (tv screen stays looking forward, but you can move the controller to your sides and behind you to see whats happening around you).

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the different tours they have, wish it was a little more free roaming and maybe more high res?

It seems to me right now its very cool for free, if they charge for it the program needs to be very cheap.

As it stands right now, its something fun to play around with and I would tell any other Wii-U owners to give it a spin :) (Where it starts you out in Japan is pretty wild, sort of reminds me of some sort of flea market?)

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I spent an hour and a half with this just going all over the place. I would love it if there was a way to read some signs, like the one in Mexico had signs that couldn't be read next to the ... pyramids? I don't know what those stone things were called, temples? Also, I loved going to Stonehenge.

Fun app, gonna show my family later. I was just blown away that I could actually go inside buildings and all that. I hope they update it so there will always be different tours.

Reactions: Dead End

Jan1tor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kind of neat for free. I looked up the Hollywood sign, Hoover Dam, Mt Saint Helens, Red Square, The Egypt pyramids, Niagra Falls, The Rubber Bowl and a bunch of other stuff. Great time killer.

Dead End

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bet the service will do exactly what the Wii Opera service did, free at first, charge for a while, then permanently give it free again. I don't know why they ever charged for it, just as I can't imagine why they'd ever charge for this service.

All that aside, its a pretty neat looking app, I don't really know what use it would serve, but its cool looking. I like the idea of taking what they do here and using it in a racing game (tv screen stays looking forward, but you can move the controller to your sides and behind you to see whats happening around you).

I actually had a good use for it yesterday, my family is looking for a new place, so when we found a few we looked it up on the new App, and found it that way. Definitely better than using Google Maps on a potentially small Laptop Screen.

I like the different tours they have, wish it was a little more free roaming and maybe more high res?

It seems to me right now its very cool for free, if they charge for it the program needs to be very cheap.

As it stands right now, its something fun to play around with and I would tell any other Wii-U owners to give it a spin :) (Where it starts you out in Japan is pretty wild, sort of reminds me of some sort of flea market?)

Yea, Shibuya Tokyo, more specifically Shibuya crossing. One of the busiest places in the world
shibuya-crossing.jpg

It's definatey cool to be ale to go inside building and stuff. You can also explore the Great Barrier Reef also which was pretty neat.
I just hope the price won't be too high, cause technically you can do all this on Google, It's just better looking on the Wii U

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
WTF...I was just browsing Amsterdam when my gamepad just crashed. At first I thought it was a dead battery (even though I charge it pretty much everytime I'm not using it), but now...I'm not sure.

It has probably nothing to do with the application, but this is pretty weird. And unfortunate. :(

EDIT: as it turned out, the battery WAS dead. And the reason: the charger wasn't fully in the socket (so the thing was nearly empty when I turned on the wiiu). On hindsight, it's usually the simplest solution.

Dead End

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WTF...I was just browsing Amsterdam when my gamepad just crashed. At first I thought it was a dead battery (even though I charge it pretty much everytime I'm not using it), but now...I'm not sure.

It has probably nothing to do with the application, but this is pretty weird. And unfortunate. :(
I've had my Wii U crash on me a few times, mostly when using the internet browser. I really hope Nintendo fixes it soon.

Dead End

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a play with the Panorama application at an expo and it was mind blowing look out of a Hot-air balloon, there was a gaggle of Geese flying past, amazing.
Yea, I don't remember if that's still being made, but it's definately not animated like those which sucks.
Last thing I heard about it was it being a paid application with multiple panorama. Their probably collecting footage so theirs more of a variety.

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
Trophies
XP
Country
Yea, I don't remember if that's still being made, but it's definately not animated like those which sucks.
Last thing I heard about it was it being a paid application with multiple panorama. Their probably collecting footage so theirs more of a variety.
I assumed it would be a free application like Nintendo Video on the 3DS, I woudn't pay for the app, its cool but a gimmick really.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou