Wii Sports Resort. Worth getting?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Hermessz, Jul 18, 2009.

Jul 18, 2009
  1. Hermessz
    OP

Member Hermessz GBAtemp Regular

Israel
    Hi, I'm currently in JPN, best place in the world, and I saw WM+ pretty cheap, and I was thinking of getting it for Resort or something.
    I guess most of u have tried it, do u know of it worths anything?

2. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    I'd say yes, some games are duds but the ones that are good are really good. Spent ages on the sword fighting and flying game. One of those games you just spend hours on. I'm not someone who is into these sort of "casual" titles, I hate Wii Music, Wii Play & Wii Fit but this title shows that it has so much attention to it, the others just seemed rushed to me.

WSR is just a classic Nintendo game. No idea how it got scores lower than 8/10.

I got my M+for something like £15 and its worth it, its so much better for Virtua Tennis, Tiger Woods 10 & EA Tennis. The golf & pingpong on Wii Sports Resort are much more improved with it.

Pretty much a AAA title, best thing Nintendo have done since Brawl (wasn't into the Wii version of Mario Kart).

3. sess

Member sess GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    Wrong section to ask, but yeah, you should definitely get Sports Resort.

Played it for a few hours and really enjoyed it. [​IMG]

4. HiBit

Member HiBit GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    I get a WM+ today and i think it's a great add on.

First, WS Resort doesn't work without it, but with it it's a more than cool. [​IMG]

I don't know all the right words in English, i think you MUST buy and try it. Play Table Tennis with it, Bowling or something else and you understand what i mean.

5. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Yeah, get it.
    Future titles will support it too, like Red Steel 2 and maybe even the new Zelda.

6. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    I haven't played it yet, so I can't advise one way or the other. But I will say this, it's one of those games, like Rhythm Heaven, that I've been very excited about as it's neared its release. Over twice as many minis as the first Wii Sports, plus motion control on a level we were initially led to believe Wii would deliver? Sign me up.

7. Hermessz
    OP

Israel
    I get the picture [​IMG]
    However, is WS resort released in the west?
    Because I think I can either get Resort with WM+ or just WM+, but, if its already in the west, I'll just get a backup of it, I dont think it will hard anyone [​IMG]
    BTW, sry for the wrong section, most of my msgs were on the other forum and I mistakely posted it there [​IMG]

8. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Well, you're getting a full game and the WM+ for $50 (I think), that's a pretty good deal. Then you can wait a few months, buy the Red Steel 2 bundle (with another WM+) and you'll be set.

9. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    The PAL version has been dumped but its not out in shops until next week. US version in shops on 26th.

10. Hermessz
    OP

Israel
    Well, 50$ for a JAP game when I can get it on PAL [​IMG]
    I'll just stick with the MW+ only, thanks for the assistance. [​IMG]

11. air2004

Member air2004 Air

United States
    it is cool , the wm+ makes bowling so much better the ping pong is a lot of fun

12. Kingston

Newcomer Kingston Member

United States
    WSR is so fuckin great i even bought two WM+ to have a swordfight with my friends. really addicting game but still looking forward to a more serious motion plus game like red steel 2

13. Idroy

Newcomer Idroy Member

Netherlands
    I really like WSR! I just finished the Island Flight (need to pop the balloons though), that was really addictive!

It's a nice game for everyone [​IMG]

14. berlinka

Member berlinka You have sustained a lethal injury.

Netherlands
    In the beginning I just thought it was a fun game, but since yesterday I found out this game really has got legs. It's just like with Wii Sports that it constantly challenges you to score higher and the levels just keep going up.

Also I thought the basic bowling is very easy and not quite challenging, but when we unlocked the bowling-with-obstacles part it became very fun and challenging, simply because the WM+ really kicks in here. Planning your swing, including wrist turn for the nescesary effect is brilliant!

Now I've got the english version I'll be playing this a lot!

Note about the art style: I do think the style and polish of the game is very good BUT I think Nintendo is focusing a bit too much on the cuddly mii/teletubbies style. It's a sort of laid back/feel good/universal design with even some new age elements and the cartoony Mario element is totally missing. I think it's a shame actually. I mean it looks good, but it also feels a bit empty.