Hacking Wii Sports Resort wont load

ukwebb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm puzzled by this - does anyone have any ideas?

Wii Sports Resort (PAL) used to work fine on my wii (4.1E/222v4/249v14) through USB Loader GX

I tried it again recently after many upgrades (its currently on 4.2E/222v4/249v16) still using USB Loader GX

It now will not load., just either a black screen or it re-loads the main wii menu

I have tried re-creating the image on my HDD from the original DVD - same happens

I have removed and re-installed all CIOS's - same happens

I got to the point of giving up when a friend asked me to sort his Wii to play his backup's, and I tried his new black 4.2E wii , with the same CIOS's etc as I used - WiiSportsResort's works fine using my hdd on his wii !!!!
wtf.gif

So I have re-virgin'd my wii by using NUS downloader to update ALL IOS's (using wad files) back to N's standard and removed HBC and Bootmii etc, then did wii system format and wii firmware update - then put back the Bannerbomb v2 / HBC 1.0.6 / CIOS's / USB L GX etc - My Wii with My HDD still wont load !!
mad.gif

A couple of other games do the same thing, but i'm not sure if its related. WSR is what i want to get working again.

Does any one have any ideas what else could it be ?

ps. I have boot2v4
cry.gif

Many thanks in advance

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a section in the USB Loader GX online manual to tell you how to make it work. It's section 10a, if you were wondering (I remember because I had to do this myself not too long ago).

You have to extract the dol, rename it to something else (I forget what), use the renamed dol as the alt dol, watch the WM+ instructions video, restart the Wii when the video finishes, turn alt.dol off, and play it normally.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls