Hacking Wii Sports Resort: Weird crashing issue

RedHero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, I'm encountering a very odd problem. I've looked on the internet and found various problems, but they were all for folks who couldn't get the game to run in the first place.

For me, it usually does start up. I can play just fine. Then at some point my Wii starts showing a blue light and the damn game crashes. It's not on consistent points at all (just about anywhere, where the game can load). Sometimes I can play 30 minutes before it crashes. Most of the time only 5-10. And often enough it even crashes somewhere near the start (at any step while loading the game after selecting it, right after the game loads, right after the warning screen).

I'm using ULoader and every other game I have runs just fine. My HDD needs a bit of a warm up before it starts to read well, for some reason. But since it doesn't have this issue with any other game, it must be the game. I do have other USB loaders on my Wii, but they don't work when I'm using this one, and this one has given me the least issues of all. If I want to use another one I'll need to install some wad I think, but that would render this one useless. Aside from that, the last time I even did any modding to it was a while ago. But it was up-to-date, able to run the newest things without any problems and just about any peace of WiiWare I installed.

So... any advice for this problem? Maybe I need to install a certain file. What it seems like to me is that it often crashes when it tries to update the stupid Wii diary. Tried turning it off and then I could play longer, but after it crashed I still noticed it kept adding stuff to the diary when I checked -__-

EDIT: I managed to find a Neogamma loader I still had on an SDcard that worked. The main reason why it seems to work is because that loader just retries to load the game after it fails, until it loads. This does result in longer load times overal, but no crashes.

wiimanofthenorth

Trophies
XP
Country
By the sounds of it's about time you upgraded everything using Modmii. If you're still using ULoader, things have moved on a fair bit in the past few years! I had problems with that game too, years ago. I have no problems at all now a days with loading games from USB.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I have it in my hands