Hacking Wii Sports Resort w/ modchip help!

maxcxa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've searched through all the forums and google and there seems to be alot of varying answers.

I have a PAL Wii with HBC installed on 4.0E using Bannerbomb, and a Cyclowiz installed. There seems to be many problems with booting and running Wii Sports Resort but I was wondering if there is a problem when using a modchip.

1) Do I need to update to 4.1E so I can run Resort properly?
2) With the .iso backup do I have to rip the update from the disc or manipulate it in any way?
3) Will all my other backups such as Mario Kart work if I do have to update to 4.1E?

Thanks for all the help!

jabmaster2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No u don't have to be on 4.1 to run wsr. 4.1 won't mess up anybackupsnor mess up ur modchip so ur safe on all counts. If u have doubts run it through gecko os first to be safe and it'll install anything game needs if nessary without any kind system menu upgrade

HiBit

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
1) No, but you must view the introduction video again and again if you run Wiiware from your sd card if you use a sysmenu < 4.1
2) No, it's not required to rip or update anything
3) Yes, all other software should work with sysmenu 4.1, it's only a bugfix for wsr

Try another type of DVD and/or try a loader like neogamma(for the video you need the alt. dol support, than it's required to switch it off).

maxcxa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks so much for the help...will try this out now
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended