Hacking Wii Sports Resort Resets Wii

Wiisel247

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I'm having a little trouble getting Wii Sports Resort to play. I'm on a 4.0u wii with HBC installed via Bannerbomb. I recently ran IOS Downgrader so I could install Preloader. Everything went great with Preloader, but now when trying to run Wii Sports Resort backup I get a black screen and the Wii resets. It ran perfectly prior to installing Preloader and running IOS Downgrader. I updated to the newest cIOS38 rev 14 and am still getting this issue. I've tried to run it both in NeoGamma and USB Loader GX. Even tried to run the alt .dol trick again thinking I made need to watch the Wii Motion Plus Video because of the downgrade, but no success. Does anyone know which IOS it downgrades? I'd like to avoid updating to 4.1 because I have a custom system menu that I'd like to keep. I'm completely clueless and have asked for help on other forums with no response. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

ToneEQ

Trophies
XP
Country
The only difference I know of between 4.0 and 4.1 is IOS60 (maybe 61 too), which is the system menu IOS so don't go deleting it, OK?!

Preloader works on 4.1 by the way, just need to get the correct hacks.ini for your region/firmware version.

HiBit

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ToneEQ said:
The only difference I know of between 4.0 and 4.1 is IOS60 (maybe 61 too), which is the system menu IOS so don't go deleting it, OK?!
sysmenu 4.0 and 4.1 use the same IOS60.
wink.gif

@Wiisel247
I think the IOS downgrader could be the problem.
I'm not sure, but i'm sure there is no need to use IOS downgrader.

You can use the latest version of every IOS, you can restore trucha/ES on every IOS, ...

I think you should upgrade your Wii with DOP-IOS(restore trucha to IOS36 and if u use preloader trucha&ES to 60) and than try it again.

p.s.: Make a NAND Backup with bootmii!

Wiisel247

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I have not installed CIOScorp. I thought I only needed those if I wanted to play discs from orig. disc channel?

I just updated every IOS useful to 4.0 and Wii Sports Resort still resets. I reinstalled cios38 rev14 to 249 and still no results. I do not have IOS57 installed, is this needed for WSR any idea? Should I install other cios? Which ones?

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Gecko is primarily used for cheats, but also has uses such as region-free gaming. When you load a disc via Gecko, it will install any IOS you're missing.

Since you are on 4.0 already, all you actually need is a System Menu 4.1 WAD. If you cannot generate that or something, I'd probably recommend Waninkoko's Firmware Updater if you have enough free space.

riddle43

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok if you want the game to work try alt dol in neo gamma frist time run alt dol then you should get the vid then after its done reset then run the game again without teh alt dol and all should be good

ps you will have to have the alt dol in a folder called neogamma on the root of the sd card

this just worked for me this weekend

google for the alt dol or pull it your self

let me know if this works ok
moogle.gif
moogle.gif
moogle.gif
moogle.gif

ps Waninkoko's 4.1 Firmware Updater is an easy way to update to 4.1 and it keeps all your hacks in place so be brave and do it lol

Wiisel247

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've done the alt .dol before. Watched the video, and was playing the game just fine until installing Preloader and running IOS downgrader. I tried the alt .dol again recently to see if it would work, all I got was a black screen. I tried in both NeoGamma and USB Loader GX. I might give Gecko OS a try and if it doesn't work I'll give up my custom system menu and update to 4.1, I guess. I'll let you know the results. Thanks for all your help guys!

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i heard that you need to burn a backup of the game, run it and watch the video. then after that, you can load it through any usb loader like normal with no alt-dols or anything.

Wiisel247

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, pretty sure I said that I've tried the alt .dol thing at least twice now.

So I updated to 4.1 and it is still not working. Tried it with usb loader gx, neo gamma, and gecko os, I'm f'n clueless. Should I install CIOSCorp? What exactly is it? Does anyone have any other suggestions?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
no dont install cioscorp if you dont know what it is, as a matter of fact dont install anything if you dont know what it is. did you do as i suggested?

Wiisel247

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated to 4.1(not sure it was necessary) and installed cIOSCorp. Ran a burned copy in original disc channel and the 3 minute wii motion plus video played. I was then able to play the game once again! Finally! Thanks for recommending cioscorp Deano.2k8.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality